Chapter 44 - Labor Pains (Part 2) ✔

SAME DAY - (Sun, 26 November 2017)

Stephano's POV

I hate seeing Kiara in so much pain, it kills me that I can't take her pain away, I feel completely useless right now. It's been hours and she's still in labor pains but it seems our little trouble makers are taking their sweet time to grace us with their arrival. The guys and Kiara's friends left late last night or I should say early this morning as we had arrived her around 3 am. They promised to return early this morning with breakfast for us, after getting a few hours of sleep and stick around the whole day for "moral support" the way they put it. As much as it annoys me that they all insist on being here, I appreciate it as it helps to keep me sane as I'm close to loosing it, watching her in so much pain. The nurse has just hooked Kiara up to an IV to help with the pain so her pain isn't that strong anymore, which I'm thankful for that they finally said they would give her the epidural a few hours ago as she was 5 centimetres dilated, just the right centimetres according to the doctor.

 The nurse has just hooked Kiara up to an IV to help with the pain so her pain isn't that strong anymore, which I'm thankful for that they finally said they would give her the epidural a few hours ago as she was 5 centimetres dilated, just the rig...

"Good morning Mommy and Daddy" Gia says as she and Gio walks in followed by the rest of the guys including my father and I guess they decided to sleep late as it is already after 11am. They all go to Kiara and hug and kiss her while my father comes straight to my side.

"Son, how are you doing?" My father asks after hugging me.

"I'm good I guess, I mean I'm not the one in pain. I'm just worried about her dad as the twins is taking their sweet time and Kiara is suffering and I can't do anything to help her." I finally confess to someone.

"Their is nothing you can do son, apart from being here by her side through it all, their really isn't anything anyone can do including the medical staff, so don't beat yourself up about it as it is out of your hands, you can't control everything son, just be strong for her that's all." He says tapping me on the shoulder and then move to Kiara.

"Good Morning mia figlia (my daughter), how are you feeling sweetheart?" My father asks her as he kisses her cheek and she smiles at him.

"Morning, I'm okay... the pain comes and goes but it's not as bad as before" she says with a smile.

"That's good, you hang in their sì? And bring my grand babies safe into the world" my dad says and then kiss her again but on her forehead this time, they have gotten quite close these past few months and I think it's good as Kiara sees my dad as her own father and he has been a constant presence in our lives the past few months, not like the old Antonio, his changed and his always their for every event we had and every weekend we would see each other, he really is trying to make things right with our family and I never thought I would say this but I'm happy we worked things out and that his back in my life.