Chapter 49 - Rehearsal Dinner/Brunch

2 & A HALF MONTHS LATER - (Fri, 30 August 2019)

Kiara's POV

It's been 2 crazy months of planning our wedding and to think I only I had to sort out the dresses for the girls, the flower girl dress for Mia, Jay's little girl, Alessandra's dress and my wedding dress of course as Steph insisted on sorting out the rest including Alessandro's outfit. The only two things I had a word in, was the colour scheme I wanted and the type of cake I want but not the style or anything else for that matter. We haven't spend much time together these past 2 months because Steph gets home most nights after I fell asleep and leaves for work almost everyday, before I even wake up and when I asked him about it, all he said was that it's the wedding and business that keeps him busy but nothing for me to worry about, which I of course know is bullshit as the boys have been preoccupied too and I know Steph isn't handling the wedding himself, he of course have people taking care of it all for him, with his direction or I should say orders, so something must be going on with business and I'm not so sure that I want to know what's been happening and even if I did, I wouldn't dare ask him either because the days he does make it home in time to put the kids to bed, he keeps to himself either works in the home office or go to bed claiming to be tired and you can see that his stressed out and I know it's got something to do with the Mafia business.

On a good note though the kids have grown so much, they are now a year and 9 months old and are the most adorable babies ever and that's not me being biased or anything, it's the truth everyone says so too, especially the way Al is over his little sister and his so young and already very protective of her and I know exactly where he get that from! And it makes Stephano so proud that his son takes after him and his still convinced that Al understood there conversation in the hospital as that is the only reason he is the way he is towards his sister, according to Steph that is.

Ales is a daddy's girl, she would literally do anything to get her dad's attention and don't get me started on when Steph wants to kiss me infront of them, then it's like she loses it and would start crying until Steph gives her his undivided attention and I'm not having that as he caused all this and it would only get worse once she grows older, unless we put a stop to it now but his not having any of it, as he believes that she should get anything she wants even if I do not agree, which of course always ends up with us arguing but I never back down.

It's officially the day before our wedding and Steph left early this morning yet again and will be back before our rehearsal dinner or I should say brunch as we chose to make it at noon at his hotel here in New York at the Romano Hotel. He will pick up the kids and I, saying it's best to not have it at the Estate as it would be best so we wouldn't have to entertain everyone once it's over and it would give us enough time to relax before my bridal shower and his bachelor's party which his actually looking forward too apparently, whereas I on the other hand did not want a bridal shower as I just want to spend time with the kids because after the wedding I won't see them for 3 whole weeks as Steph is taking us on a 3 week honeymoon with the last week spend on his private island and the first 2 weeks is a surprise that I'm apparently going to love. And when I told the girls, this they insisted on having my bridal shower and even said we could have it at the Estate and the kids could join, so I gave in as I wasn't planning on drinking anyway.

So here I am sitting alone while the twins is napping, waiting on my husband to be, who still hasn't arrived and it's almost 10:30 am and I have no clue where his at and he must still get dressed or atleast I think he does as I wouldn't know if he took any clothes with him or not because I was asleep, he sneaks in out of our bedroom unnoticed quite well. I don't want to be the overbearing, nagging wife to be so I rather not question him all the time but this is really getting ridiculous now, as this is OUR REHEARSAL DINNER! and he doesn't even have the decency to let me know that he'll be late or not show up at all but fuckit it's not like I don't know where the hotel is so I guess I'll be attending my rehearsal brunch on my own, so after touching up my make-up and sending a text to Simon to get the car ready and get someone to help me down with the twins and their bags, once that was done I did one last once-over in the mirror and I was ready to go.