Chapter 54 - Delivering The Bad News

Next Day (Fri, 13 September 2019)

Antonio's POV

Yesterday when we brought Steph in his pulse was weak, they lost him a few times but it would seem that my son is truly a fighter even while being on his death bed, they rushed him to Broward Health Medical Centre, as the doctor informed me that he has a severe head injury and that it might've injured his brain due to the impact of the fall he had and that's all that registered to me because I immediately asked for the best neuro-team to assist my son and when the doctor said that there at University of Miami Hospital does not have a neuro-team on staff and that if a patient's case is serve much like Stephano's and that they have medical aid and or the cash they would be transferred to Broward.

So I insisted they did immediately and they did as told and transfered him here via Helicopter Emergency Ambulance Service and we still haven't heard a thing since they rushed him into the emergency room, which was around 6pm last night when we arrived here but I believe that no news is good news or atleast I'm telling myself this as I can't lose my shit too because Dante already has, keeps saying that it should have been him and so has Gio who blames himself no matter what I say to convince him of otherwise, we decided on not letting Kiara know just yet as we do not have anything to report as of yet but when we do, we will let her know.

As for myself, I'm trying so hard not to lose it as I just recently gotten him back or atleast got him to agree to have a relationship with me as he spoke to me for the past 2 years and for me to lose him now will be unbearable and I do not think I'll be able to go on, his my first born and no matter what happens now from this moment forward, it's all on me as I was the one that forced this life on my sons and if Stephano doesn't make it, it will be all my fault. I tried to fix things between us and just when we are on good terms and acting like father and son, his being taken from me? I can't except that! I never will... I was pulled out of my thoughts by the door of the emergency department opening.

"Mr Romano?" The doctor asks approaching us and I stepped forward and so does the rest of them.

"How's my son doing?" I ask immediately as I don't have time for pleasantries.

"Could you follow me to my office please?" The Doctor asks and we follow as they all know by now who we are as the Romano's is well known all over the world, so I nod my head not trusting my voice as this cannot be good news because if he was okay they would have said it long ago, so I followed him and so did the others.

"How is my son doing Doctor?!" I ask more sternly now as soon as we all got into the office or more like conference room.

"When your son was brought in last night, we did an MRI immediately as we were informed about his head injury and the results shows that Mr Romano has swelling on the brain and we had to put him in a medically induced coma, this means that we used Barbiturates, which is a drug that acts by slowing down the brain's metabolism and reducing blood flow to the tissue. The aim of the procedure is to reduce swelling of the brain tissue because swelling of the brain could cause it to press against the skull, leading to brain damage." Doctor says and then takes a minute to give us time to process the information.