19. Brutal past

Aadya's POV

Flashback continued..

"Go change your saree and have a good sleep now Aadya. You will be sleep deprived tomorrow due to tonight's event" Khushi's mom whispered.

Oh God!!!! How did I forget it?? Pandit said that the very next day after the marriage is auspicious for nuptial night.

I went to Khushi's room, changed my saree and laid on the bed. I tried a lot to sleep but couldn't. I was hell scared thinking what would happen tonight. I stared at the ceiling and slowly dozed off to sleep.

It was 4 pm when I woke up. Khushi was sleeping beside me. I slowly opened door so that the sound wouldn't disturb Khushi.

I stepped into the living room. No one was in sight. I called house help and asked "where are everyone?". She said that everyone were tired of the rituals and slept soon. I looked from the window into the lawn.

Hubby was having talks with Dhruv (hubby's cousin, Khushi's elder brother). I had some simple talks with Khushi during marriage but Dhruv ....he never interacted with me.

It looked like some serious discussion. Hubby was frustrated and Dhruv was speaking something.

I stepped into lawn thinking what would be the issue. They stopped their talks immediately after seeing me.

"What happened? Why are you serious?" I asked hubby. He didn't reply.

"What happened Dhruv?" I asked Dhruv.

Dhruv gave me an angry glare and left. I turned towards hubby, he simply walked away without even looking at me.

How rude. . I thought. I went to Khushi's room, sat on the bed scrolling my phone. Khushi woke up soon. "Good evening vadina (sister-in-law)" she said looking at me with her sleepy eyes. "Good evening" I said.

She approached near me and whispered "So. Are you ready for tonight's session?"

I blushed listening to her.

"Ohoo. Feeling shy. Don't worry vadina (sil)...annayya (brother) will take away the shy tonight" she teased me.

I couldn't control my blush. Deep inside I was still scared.

Khushi's mom entered with a white saree with pink border in her hands.

"Aadya. Here is the saree you should drape tonight" she said and handed the saree to me.

"Khushi.. your nanna (dad) is calling you" said attayya (mother-in-law).

"I will go later amma. Let me hear the discussion between you" Khushi winked.

"Not needed. Just go" attayya literally pushed Khushi to go from the room.

"So. Nervous??" attayya asked me after Khushi left the room.

I looked down.

"It's OK Aadya. Everyone face this situation in their life. Even I was scared about nuptial night. Don't worry. Everything will be alright" she said assuringly.

I simply nodded.

"You know what.. when Mitra akka (Omkar's mom) left us this house became empty. Omkar became alone. Niranjan Bava (brother-in-law) was very busy in his businesses that he didn't even spend time with Omkar. So I, my husband and children shifted from Mumbai to here for Omkar. Omkar was missing his mom so much that he stopped interacting. We tried every way possible to make him normal but he didn't" attayya (mil) said.

"Omkar used to break down suddenly. There were days when he even blackmailed us for suicide" she said. Tears escaped her eyes.

"Then??" I asked her.

"Slowly we started pacifying him. He soon cured himself from depression with our help" she continued.

"When did all this happen?" I asked.

"When he was in graduation. It was really difficult for us Aadya. It took lot of efforts to cure him. I did my best and took care of him. Now it's your turn. You should take care of him. Never make him miss his mother" she said.

I swiped her tears and hugged her assuring that I will take care of him.

"So. Do you know what actually happens in nuptial night?" she asked me.

I broke the hug and shook my head indicating 'no'.

She explained me everything patiently driving away all my fears. She hugged me saying "everything will alright" and left the room soon.

I was glad that she felt the need to give me sex education. Such a sweet mother-in-law. I am lucky indeed. She even took care of my hubby like her own son.
.
.
.
To be continued
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't it cute that Omkar's aunt approached Aadya to give her sex education. Well..I don't know about you but I felt really good. Comment and let me know your opinions.

More chapters ahead. Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)