13. Engagement???

Aadya's POV

Flashback continued

"There he is" said Niranjan uncle.

Everyone looked at the tall, fair, muscular bodied, handsome man in formals standing at the frame of the main door except me. I didn't have the guts to look at his face. My shyness didn't let me lift my face to look at him.

Foot steps were audible. He slowly came and sat on the couch opposite to me.

"Aadya... Meet my son Omkar Mitra" said Niranjan uncle.

😱😱😱😱I was startled by the name which I've heard. My shy turned into shock. I lifted my head immediately in disbelief. My eyes confirmed that my ears were working properly.

Omkar Mitra, Chairman of Mitra group of industries...my boss and my soon to be husband. We both looked at each other in shock. It took a lot of time for me to come back to my senses.

Then I understood where I've seen Niranjan uncle. I've seen his picture in my boss's phone.

"I know that you both will be shocked looking at each other. I wanted to kept it as a secret" nanna said.

I couldn't utter anything. My boss was still in shock. It was clearly visible on his face.

"Hey.. Srinivas. I liked your daughter very much. I want to make her my daughter-in-law as soon as possible. If possible I will take her now itself" said Niranjan uncle.

"Haa.. Why not?? My daughter is your daughter-in-law. Fix this in your mind" nanna said.

"What?? They just decided without even asking our consent" I thought in disbelief.

Amma patted my shoulder and gave me a smile.

"I am so eager Srinivas. This is actually an auspicious timing. Why don't we make our children exchange rings??" Niranjan uncle said.

We were startled by his statement.

"Ok..but what about the rings??" asked nanna.

I really couldn't believe that nanna was this adamant to get me married.

"Don't worry. I will call the jeweller here itself. Children will select rings as per their choice" uncle said.

"Okay" nanna replied.

Niranjan uncle called the jeweller and gave him the address.

"He will be reaching in an hour. Until he comes.. Aadya why don't change your saree??" uncle said to me.

"Okay uncle" I said.

I went to my room and couldn't believe what was happening. This means that the alliance was confirmed.

I opened my cupboard to check which saree I should  drape.

"Aadi.. open the door. I will help you in draping" said amma.

"No amma. I will do it myself" I replied.

"Okay then. Make it fast" said amma and went away.

I took out a reddish orange coloured kanjeevaram silk saree and draped it. And I put the matching accessories.

I was looking like this 👇👇👇

Soon I went to the living room

Soon I went to the living room. Jeweller was present.

"Aadya.. choose a ring for Omkar" said nanna.

I looked at the rings and chose a simple looking ring.

"Omkar.. now it's your turn" said uncle.

He chose a diamond ring with a diamond at the centre.
I was astonished by his choice. Wow.. he has great taste.

We exchanged rings and took elders blessings. My boss and his family stayed for sometime and went back to their home. I immediately went to my room and locked the door.

No no.. I was not crying. I was perplexed. I was shocked and at the same time happy. No no...don't get me wrong. I was happy not because I am going to be wife of Omkar Mitra but because I am not going to marry a stranger.

.
.
.
To be continued. ..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh. So Mr.Omkar Mitra ..I mean Aadya's boss is her husband..

Comment and let me know your opinions.

More chapters ahead. Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)