30. Aashadam

Aadya's POV

He stepped into the closet to dress and came out soon. I started going downstairs when I saw amma & nanna (mom & dad) in the hall.

I went to them and hugged them.

"Amma. What a sudden visit? Anything special??" I asked amma.

"We came here to take you home as today is the start of ashada masam" amma said.

"What Aadya?? I told you about this yesterday right" said attayya (mil) entering the hall from the Kitchen.

"Haa attayya. You told yesterday. I forgot about it" I lied.

"What are you waiting for? Pack your bag Aadya. We're going in an hour" nanna said.

I nodded and went upstairs. I opened the door of the room but didn't look at him. I stepped into the closet and started packing my sarees and dresses. I packed almost everything.

We had breakfast and we soon started to amma's home. I was a little delighted as I don't have to see the monster 24/7 for atleast a month.

Omkar's POV

I planted a kiss on Priya's lips. She reciprocated and kissed me back. Soon we broke the kiss as we're in public.

We had coffee and soon I stood up to leave. She held my hand preventing me from leaving.

"What Priya?? I have to go home" I said.

She shook her head indicating me not to leave.

"Om plz. Look at the weather. You know that I'm scared of thunders. Plzzz Om. Come to my flat" she said childishly.

I couldn't deny. She was hell scared of thunders.

"Okay okay. I'll come. Happy ??..." I said.

"Yaayy" She hugged me tightly and pecked on my lips.

We headed to her home. I was damn hungry. She made pasta. We had some and sat on the couch watching a movie.

A heavy thunder was audible. Priya hugged me tightly.
I caressed her hairs and said "sshh. . Nothing will happen. I am with you right"

She left no space between us. I caressed her back to make her feel comfortable. I placed a kiss on her forehead. She broke the hug and kissed me. It turned into a passionate one. I carried her to bed and we made love.

Next day

Sun rays hit my face waking me from my sleep. I looked at Priya. She was still asleep in my embrace. She was looking like a kid while sleeping. Her hairs were messy. I tucked her hairs behind her ear.

Slowly I removed her hand which was on my chest and got up from the bed. I tucked her under the duvet. I put on my clothes, kissed her forehead and left soon.

I reached home and parked the car. I peeped into the hall to make sure that there was no one. Swiftly I went upstairs and stepped into my room. Water sound was audible from the bathroom. Aadya might be taking a shower.

I sat on the bed when Aadya opened the door. I removed my shirt and threw it on the bed. I took my towel and stepped into the bathroom to take a shower. A hot shower in the morning is heaven. I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around my waist.

I opened the door when Aadya was infront of the mirror. She looked at me, examined me for sometime and looked away. I stepped into the closet to dress.

When I came into the bedroom she wasn't there. I was combing my hair when she opened the door. She didn't look at me. Strange..

She stepped into the closet and some sounds were audible. I peeped into the closet to check what was that. She was packing her bags.

"Is she leaving the home?? Yaayy... I can live peacefully" I chuckled.

She went downstairs. I checked my files and went downstairs. I was startled seeing her parents. I went to them and took their blessings. Deep inside I was happy that she was leaving.

My happiness vanished when I heard that she would return after a month. She was going to her mom's place as it was aashada masam.

Anyway I would live peacefully for a month.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know whether this ritual is there in other states or not. In Telugu states it is followed.

As aashada masam is considered inauspicious newly wedded couple aren't allowed to live under the same roof. You can search about it in Internet.

Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU