12. Marriage alliance

Aadya's POV

Flashback continued

We headed back to our hometown.

One day I came home from office when nanna was conversing with someone in phone. I didn't bother and directly went to my room.

While having dinner nanna stated that his childhood friend wanted his son to meet me. Their family waited as I went to Bengaluru and was busy with my work.

"They are coming to see you tomorrow" nanna said.

"But nanna... tomorrow??? I have to go to office. My boss won't grant leaves that easily and that too in this last minute. No way. Ask them to come on Sunday" I said.

"No. They are going to see you tomorrow and that's final" he said firmly.

"But nanna...." I was about to speak.

"No more discussions" he said and left the table as he finished his dinner.

"Oh God. I should literally beg him to grant me leave" I thought and got hold of my phone thinking whether to call him or not.

"Just do it Aadi" I thought and gave him a ring. He didn't answer.

I gave him another ring.

"Hello" he said in an irritated tone.

"Sir. This is Aadya" I uttered.

"Ms.Aadya. What made you call me at this hour?" he asked.

I could sense his irritation in his voice. He was trying hard not to yell.

"Sir. I need a leave for tomorrow" I said in an afraid tone.

"Leave.. Why?"

"Sir. A personal commitment" I replied.

"Ok fine. Now cut the call" he almost yelled and disconnected the call.

"How rude.. But strange. He granted leave within a fraction of seconds" I thought.

Next day

"Aadi.. wake up" Amma tried to wake me up.

"Amma.. let me sleep for some time" I murmured and turned to the other side.

"Just wake up aadi. Today you have to meet that boy" she said pulling my duvet.

My sleep went away after listening amma's words.

"They are coming at 10 o'clock. Take a shower and drape a nice saree" she said and left the room.

I took a shower and wore pajamas until my hairs dried properly.

Soon I draped a simple saree

Amma entered and gave me big list of dos and donts which I have to follow infront of that boy

"Nirmala. They arrived" nanna gave a shout.

"Ok aadi.. I am going. I will come again to take you. Stay here" she said and left the room.

I was feeling nervous. How will the boy be? Will this alliance be fixed? Many thoughts started wandering in my brain.

Amma arrived after 10 minutes. "They are asking to see you. Come Aadi" she said.

I slowly went with my mom into the living room and sat on the couch beside nanna.

"Your daughter is so shy Srinivas" said a male voice.

"It's not like that. She is feeling nervous Niranjan" said nanna.

"So. He is nanna's childhood friend" I thought.

"Aadya. You don't need to feel nervous. Just look at us" said Niranjan uncle.

I gently lifted my head. I felt like I saw him somewhere. But where?? I don't remember.

My eyes started wandering for the groom.

"Ahaaa. Looking for the groom. He didn't arrive still. He will arrive in 5 minutes" said Niranjan uncle.

There was a couple seated next to Niranjan uncle. May be his younger brother and sister-in-law.

They were indulged in talks whereas I was periodically looking at the entrance.

"There he is" said Niranjan uncle.

Everyone looked at the tall, fair, muscular bodied, handsome man in formals standing at the entrance.

.
.
.
.
To be continued. .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you think friends?? Is he the same person whom Aadya got married to??

Comment and let me know your opinions.

More chapters ahead. Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)