48. Spy

Author's POV

She cleaned away the tears which were on his foot with her dupatta and started cleaning the blood with the cotton.

He was constantly staring at her without a blink. She felt his gaze and tried hard not to break down infront of him. She tried to apply the medicine and he hissed in pain. Slowly blowing air from her lips in between she put the medicine and did the dressing.

She sat close to him and reached his lips. She started cleaning the blood. They had an eye lock. Tears welled in her eyes. She had much more to speak but no one to listen. He extended his hand to wipe her tears but she looked away immediately and wiped her tears with the dorsum of her hand. She applied the medicine and was about to leave when he held her wrist.

She struggled to free herself from his arm but in vain. His grip was so tight.

"Omkar. Plz leave me" she said a bit irritated. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

He didn't pay heed to her words.

"Ahhh. ." she hissed in pain on purpose and he left her hand in no time not to hurt her.

Wiping her tears she dialed to the reception.

"Hello. Plz send a worker to room number 501 to clean the floor" she said.

"Sure mam" said the receptionist and disconnected the call.

A worker arrived and cleaned the floor and left taking the tip.

Without sparing a glance to Omkar she reached the other side of the bed and laid on it. Her back was facing him. Tears were dripping down her eyes. She clutched the pillow tightly.

"Aadya" he called her. There's no response.

He called her again increasing the tone but of no use.

She sniffed and hugged the pillow tightly.
In no time she felt a hand around her waist. She know who was that. He hugged her tightly from behind. With the other hand he caressed her scalp. That was her breaking point. She turned to him and broke down. He removed his hand from her waist and wiped the tears. His other hand kept caressing her scalp.

Wiping her tears he said "everything will be fine". He held her cheek and caressed it with his thumb. She hugged him tightly and buried her face into his chest. She hugged him with such a force that he had to rest on his back. His t-shirt was cold soon due to her tears. He rubbed her back with his palm to console her.

She lifted her head from his chest and looked at him.

"H..e.....black....mailed....mm....eee" she stammered. She tried to speak but her voice wasn't cooperating. Tears escaped her eyes.

"It's OK..everything will be sorted" he said and cupped her face wiping her tears.

She hugged him and buried her face into his chest.

Omkar's POV

We attended the conference. During lunch break she fed me with her own hands. I had no other choice. I catched her pallu and cleaned my lips with it. She cleared her throat bringing me back to my senses. I left her pallu in a jerk. What're you doing Omkar?

The conference was lucrative. We left and soon Aadya ordered the driver to stop the car. What important work she have on the road? She stepped out of the cab and rushed as if a disaster was happening and reached pani puri stall 😒😒😒. This's her important work.

She stuffed the puris in her mouth as if she didn't have food from the past 10 days. And to my surprise she wasn't full. She stepped out and came back with momos. God How much she eats??