15. D-day

Aadya's POV

I struggled and freed myself from his hands. I took out the ring from my pochette. He grabbed it from my hands and put it to his finger.

"Your nickname perfectly suits you...Monster" I murmured.

"What?" he asked.

I didn't reply.

Evening

It was 5 pm. I was in his cabin checking some files.

"Ms.Aadya. It's already 5 pm. Just go home and change your saree. We have to head to Mr.Gowda's farm house tonight" monster said.

"Ok Sir. Let me check these 2 files" I said.

"Whatever" he said.

I checked those files and headed back to home. I was confused which saree I should drape. I stepped into the bathroom to take a hot shower. Hisssss... my arms were still hurting.

Mrs.Omkar

Mrs.Omkar

Mrs.Omkar

This name was constantly vibrating in my ears. World gave me a new identity after marriage.

Huhh.. Marriage..

Flashback

I couldn't believe that I got engaged.

Though I wanted to have personal talks with my boss I never had the guts.

One day my boss's whole family visited us as the children of their family didn't see me personally.

"Srinivas.. I talked with pandit. He said that there is an auspicious day after 15 days. After that there are no good days for 3 months. Let's get them married" said Niranjan uncle.

"Isn't it too early Niranjan. There are many things to be arranged" nanna said.

"Don't worry Srinivas. Everything will be arranged in time. You just say yes" uncle said.

"Ok then" nanna replied.

Niranjan uncle and nanna hugged each other.

"Ok then. We will take a leave" uncle said and they left.

I was strictly prohibited to step out of the house.

It was three days prior to our marriage. My boss called me and ordered me to come to office. I gave an excuse to amma that I have to go shopping and went to office.

I opened the door of his cabin. He looked at me and said "Plz check the letters placed at your desk. I have an important work" and left.

I checked the letters and left soon as amma was calling me again and again. Kiran returned home from dorm for my marriage.

Finally.. the D day came. I woke up early for nalugu (Haldi ceremony). I wore a simple yellow saree for nalugu.

As per the ritual after the ceremony I did head bath and donated the saree which I wore in nalugu to Dhobi

After that I draped a Kanjeevaram Silk saree and put matching accessories for pellikuturu (It literally means 'bride' but here it means 'making her a bride') ceremony.

I was taken to a nearby temple. After praying I returned back to home. I was seated in a large chair. Many relatives, friends and neighbours arrived to bless me.

After pellikuturu ceremony there is a ritual called Prathanam. Prathanam contains betel leaves, areka nut (betel nut) and rupee coins.

Prathanam is brought by any woman from the groom's family. Along with the Prathanam they bring a gold ornament (usually they bring a gold chain or a ring).

The ornament will be given to the bride and the bride has to distribute the Prathanam among the married women and take their blessings.

I was hell tired after those rituals. It was 3 pm. I was literally starving. I've never been like that without taking food. What would I do?? Rituals are rituals right..

"Listen.. I know what's going on in your brain. Don't even think of removing the ornaments after going to your room. There are still many relatives who have to see you. Just sit on the bed..I will bring you lunch" amma said.

I nodded and went to my room. Amma brought lunch. She fed me with her own hands as that was a special day and I will be leaving home after that. Some relatives came to my room to see me. They left the room after speaking for some time.

Amma told me to take a nap. She left the room and closed the door. I simply laid on the bed but couldn't sleep. The thought that I would be someone's wife by midnight didn't let me sleep.

Kiran knocked the door and entered inside.

"Akka (sister) all set?" he asked.

"I am feeling nervous raaaa" I said.

We were indulged in talks and amma entered suddenly saying "Go.. take a head bath. It's already 4:30. We've to reach the Mandapam (wedding hall) by 7 pm" she said.

Kiran left the room. I stepped into the bathroom and took a shower.

I draped a Silk Saree and put the matching accessories.
.
.
.
.
To be continued
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it is against my policy of writing such a long chapter. There is still so much to write but I thought to make it another chapter.

You must be thinking that what is the use of mentioning all the rituals.. I wanted to show how a telugu wedding happens and the rituals present in it. There are many which I didn't mention. There are slight changes in the rituals according to the regions. But it is almost same for telugu weddings.

I hope you liked this chapter.

Comment and let me know your opinions.

More chapters ahead. Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)