43. Blackmail

Aadya's POV

Tickets were confirmed for the next day. I looked at the clock. It was 2 pm. I went downstairs for lunch. Attayya (mil) was arranging the dishes on the dining table. I quickly went to her and gave her a back hug. She smiled and turned towards me.

"Hoo attayya (mil) you look hot today. Anything special?" I complimented.

She blushed.

"Oyhoyy!! Blushing and all aaa??" I teased her.

"Shut up badmaash" she composed herself and said.

"Tell me naa. Anything special?" I poked her.

"You are forgetting. I am your mother-in-law. So, behave" she faked anger.

"Ok mother-in-law" I said and we had a hearty laugh.

"Done with teasing. Let's have lunch" she said and we seated next to each other. She served me rice, curries. I quickly stuffed some in my mouth.

"Oyyy!!! What's the hurry?? Have your food slowly" she said.

"No attayya (mil). I am really in hurry. We are heading to Bengaluru tomorrow so should start packing. We will stay there for almost a week. So, I have to go to office today and check if everything's fine. If there're any important files I need to get them signed by Omkar. And I have to take food for Omkar now" I blabbered with the food still in my mouth.

"You're going tomorrow and you didn't even think of informing us??" she questioned.

"It's not like that attayya. It's a sudden plan. I received the mail just an hour ago." I replied and chewed the food.

I mixed some part of the curry with the rice and put some morsel in my mouth.

"And your husband.. Don't he have limbs? Can't he make effort to come downstairs and have food with the family?" she said fuming with anger.

"Please don't take him wrong attayya. He's really busy and stressed about a project. If it's done he will be relieved and will definitely spend with each and every member of the family" I assured her.

"Haha.. Support your husband. I don't know what virtuous deeds he committed in his previous birth that God gave you as his wife in this birth" she said.

"By the way attayya.. the food is delicious. It's beyond words to describe" I said.

"You don't need to butter. I know you're saying this just to divert the topic" she said.

I smiled and had the food quickly and swiftly served some food in another plate. We smiled at each other and soon I went upstairs. I opened the door and he was still busy with the phone. He was trying hard to fix it but in vain.

I chuckled and stepped in. I walked to him and stood infront of him.

"Omkar" I called him.

He noticed me but didn't bother to reply.

"Omkar" I increased the tone.

"Pchhh" he sighed and looked at me fuming with anger.

"Have your food" I said and was about to put the plate in his hands.

"No" he replied rudely and resumed working with his phone.

"Why do you irritate me with your antics?" I asked irritated.

"Excuse me. It is you who is irritating me" he replied in rage and continued "It is because of you my phone is in this condition"

I didn't bother and snatched his phone.