31. Teasing

Aadya's POV

Nanna (dad) seated in the front seat. Amma (mom) and I seated in the back seat of the car. We started.

Amma looked at me in between the journey and gave smiles. I too smiled. She looked at my neck and asked "Aadi.. What happened here?"

I made a sad face and looked away.

"It's okay. I understand. It happens." she said.

I didn't get what she meant but it striked me soon. I looked away as I didn't have any answer but she felt that I felt embarrassed. My family and the monster's family..everyone feel that our's was a successful marriage.

  There used to be a small hope at a corner of my heart that he would accept me now or then. But it was murdered ..brutally murdered. A lone tear escaped from my eye.

"When he loved Priya that much why did he marry me? I need to know" I thought.

We reached home soon. I was about to step out of the car when a servant came and opened the door. He works at monster's home. What was he doing here?

I was about to ask him but he handed the keys of my scootee.

"Mam. Your scootee keys. Annapurna mam instructed me to drive your scootee to your home" he said.

I thanked him and he left.

"Aadi.. Will you go to office in this month?" amma asked.

"What kind of question is that amma? Whatever be the month work is work right" I said.

"This is aashadam. Newly married couple aren't allowed to live under the same roof. Who knows what you people will do at office??" she said.

I was startled by her comment.

"Amma. It's nothing like that. We will only work at office" I said.

"Haha... what work you do is clearly seen. Your neck is giving all the answers" she whispered.

"Amma. You're crazy" I said.

"You'll be going to office only when there will be important conferences. The remaining time you've to work from home" she said.

I didn't reply anything to her. We went inside.

Next day

I told amma that I was going to a friend's place and I went to office.

I opened the door of the monster's cabin. He gave a stern look as if I've committed a crime.

"Sir I need to talk something important." I said.

"First finish your work Ms.Aadya. I think you remember. There's an important conference online with foreign delegates" he said.

Ssss.. I completely forgot about it.

Looking at my reaction he understood what I wanted to say.

"Okay. Now don't waste my time. Make the timetable according to it" he said sternly.

The conference went well and some paper works were done.

The day was hefty. I tried a lot to find free time to talk to him but couldn't.

.
.
.
To be continued
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it wasn't a great chapter to read. Sorry 🙇🙇

Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)