10. Drained

Aadya's POV

I looked at the reflection in the mirror. My eyes unknowingly fell on the thali (mangalasutra) hanging around my neck.

Am I really married?? I get this doubt everyday though I remember each and every incident of that day.

I washed my face and came out.

There he was... sitting on the bed and typing the keys of his laptop. God knows how I married him..

I was afraid to utter a word to him as if doing so would lead to punishment. I was very unsure to speak as he uses disgusting, mean terminology for every single issue. Does he do this to everyone or is this gift specially granted to me? I don't know.

The words which he uttered on that day still vibrate in my ears. I may forgive him in future but would never forget.

The primary step towards any relationship is interaction which never existed and would never exist between us.

I stepped towards the nightstand to have some water. He turned back and gave me a death stare. I didn't feel the need to ask the reason behind his stare. I didn't fancy to spoil my mood with his cuss words.

Why do I need to suffer all these?? Why do I need to bare his words?? I often feel like divorcing him and going far away.. But I don't know what was stopping me from doing so.

"Mam & Sir the food is ready" said the servant knocking the door and breaking the chain of my thoughts.

We both looked at each other and immediately turned away.

"Ok. We will reach in 5 minutes" I said to the servant.

We reached the dining table. Everyone were waiting for our arrival. Such a sweet family except him..I thought.

The dining table was filled with talks and laughs of the lovely family. This is the only thing which I enjoy in the whole day. May be their innocent smiles was the reason behind not divorcing him.
.
.
.
.

To be continued
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like Aadya's husband was the main reason behind her despair on life.

Let's hope for the best and pray for her happiness.

I hope you liked this chapter.

Comment and let me know your opinions.

More chapters ahead. Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU :)