74 - Why?

Omkar's POV

I couldn't help but just looked at her. She took the shampoo and applied it to my hair and I closed my eyes.

She rubbed my hair after applying the shampoo. I kept my eyes closed as I didn't fancy to hurt my eyes with the shampoo.

She poured some water on my head and I opened my eyes after a while.

She took the soap from the soap box. Slowly she slid the soap on my shoulder leaning a little. My face was just near her face and God knows what thoughts I was getting.

" I think you forgot the slap" winked my inner voice.

"I perfectly remember. Last time she just left me with a slap. But this time....this time she will definitely strangle me" I said.

"When you know, then why you are staring her like that" mocked my inner voice.

"Control Om..just control yourself" I told myself and looked here and there just to deviate myself.

I tried to deviate as much as possible but it wasn't my cup of tea. I just turned and looked at her.

I was so immersed in staring at her that I didn't even realise that she started applying soap to my face. Her lips were making movements but I didn't care what she was speaking.

After a few seconds I started feeling something wierd in my eyes and that brought me back to my senses.

"Ahhh" I yelped as my eyes started burning due to the soap.

Her expressions changed and in no time she poured water and cleaned my face.

"Are you ok?" she asked and I just looked at her. She was dead close to me.

She shook my shoulder and I said "huhhh"

"How many times I warned you to close eyes. But you don't listen" she said to which I couldn't speak anything. She poured water on my body.

She unfolded the towel and slowly wiped my face and all I did was just look at her.

"Done" she said and I stood up. We stepped out of the washroom.

I was entering the closet and she followed me.

"Now don't tell me that you will help me for clothes also" I said irritated.

"Then how will you wear your clothes?" she folded her arms against her chest and asked.

"I am capable enough to wear clothes by myself. You don't need to help me" I said.

"Why do you show this kind of attitude? I hate it" she said with a frown.

"If you hate me that much, then why did you deny taking divorce that day at the end moment?" I said and her expressions changed from frown to something else. Then I realised what I just spoke.

She stepped out of the closet. I turned and closed the closet door.

I wore my pant and slid my hands into the shirt. I struggled to put the buttons. I tried to put them but in vain.

"Somebody gave attitude when they were offered help" mocked my inner voice.

"You shut up" I said and unlocked the door and stepped out of the closet.

She was on the bed with a file. I cleared my throat to gain her attention but she didn't give a heck.

I cleared my throat again but in vain.

I walked to her and said "I am unable to put the buttons" to which she lifted her head from the file and said "somebody denied my help a while ago"

"I know but I am unable to keep these" I said.

"That is why you shouldn't show attitude while others offer you help" she uttered the words while closing the file and standing up from the bed.

She neared me and started putting the buttons slowly. She put all the buttons and looked at my face.

"Now please sit on the bed sir" she said and I obeyed her.

That word 'Sir' never hurted me that much. It literally pierced my heart when she uttered the word.

She sat beside me and did the dressing my hand.

After finishing it, she looked at my face and frowned.

"I don't know when you will understand. How many times do I need to tell you?" she confronted I don't know for what.

I looked at her puzzled while she entered the closet.

She reappeared with a towel and then I understood that she was talking about my wet hair.

She neared me and started rubbing my hair with the towel. A smile crept on my lips.

After she finished rubbing my hair she turned back and I held her by her wrist.

She turned and looked at me puzzled. I stood up and said "you didn't answer my question yet" to which her expressions changed and she turned away.

"What question?" she asked.

I held her by her shoulder and turned her towards me.

"Why didn't you divorce me? You were so much into divorce. Everything was set and what changed your decision?" I asked..

She freed herself from my hand and turned back and left the room.

Flashback...

Aadya's POV..

Monster. What made him not attend the hearing? I will definitely kill him for this behaviour of his.

It was almost night and I was in the lobby of my office and was stomping here and there not knowing what to do and where to search for him when my phone buzzed.

It was from Dhruv.

"Haa. Dhruv" I said lifting the call.

"vadinaa..(sister-in-law)....Omkar is in the bar" he said.

"What?" I said startled.

"Yes. He is in Dreams bar" Dhruv said.

"Ok. I will see him" I said and disconnected the call.

I marched out of the office and started my scooty.

"I don't understand him. Who the hell gave him the rights to ruin my life like this? How could he do that..

I reached the bar and marched into it and looked for the monster.

He was at a corner table drinking as if there is no tomorrow. Without thinking twice I just marched towards him and said "what are you doing here?"

He lifted his eyes and looked at me.

"Aadiiii...." he spoke.

I held him by his collar and he stood up.

"You b****** who gave you the rights to ruin my life like this? How could do this to me" I yelled at him from the top of my lungs. With his appearance, I don't think he understood whatever I said.

"Are you even listening to me?" I yelled and he laughed like a mad man.

"Are you insane? Why are you laughing?" I yelled and unknowningly looked at the table.

Oh my godd!! The table was filled with glasses and bottles. Shocked would be an understatement for me.

"Are you nuts? Why did you drink this much? I said pulling him more closer and looking into his eyes.