86. Loser

Aadya's POV

The din of the alarm disturbed my tranquil sleep. I opened my eyes to find monster still in my lap.

He was sound asleep. It's been a week since we left the house after the controversy about the medicines. It was not at all easy especially for monster. Monster and father-in-law had a verbal fight that day. And on the other side the company started witnessing downfall.

I unknowingly looked at the calender.

Oh noo.. The hearing is day after tomorrow. I don't know what answer will this monster give to the judge this time.

I don't want to leave him. But I don't know what's going on in his mind. Is it even worth enough to wait for him to change. I don't know.

I didn't even realise how these three months passed. Hope monster doesn't take any drastic decisions.

I was immersed in all these thoughts when monster opened his eyes and looked at me. We had an eye lock for a minute.

He sat in a jerk and asked "did I sleep in your lap just like this?"

I nodded.

"And you slept like that. You could have woken me" he said.

Why will I ? When you're having such peaceful sleep why will I disturb it.

*****

I draped my saree and stepped out of the room. My eyes unknowingly halted at the door of a room.

Don't know why he keeps the room locked.

When I asked him about the room being locked he skipped the topic. I didn't ask him again.

But everytime I look at the room, I feel like opening it. I didn't even know where were the keys.

Shhing the thoughts I stepped into the puja room.

I lit the deepam (diya) and then the karpuram (camphor). And that was when monster stepped into the puja room.

After ringing the bell and doing the puja, he took the haarathi (aarti).

I took a little amount of kumkum with my ring finger and put it in between his eyebrows.

We headed to office after having breakfast.

********

Evening...

I draped a purple saree and left my hair freely. I was applying lipstick when I sensed monster looking at me through the mirror.

I raised my eyebrows and he looked away.

A few minutes passed and he asked "is it done?"

"Gimme five minutes" I replied adjusting the lipstick.

"You've been passing the five minutes since an hour" he complained.

I rolled my eyes and applied the mascara.

"Birthday is today. Not tomorrow. We need to reach the venue today itself" he said.

"Done" I said and turned towards him.

He looked at me from tip to toe. His eyes went wide.

"Not bad Aadii.. your husband is gawking at you" teased my inner voice.

"Shut up"

I was about to speak when he stepped towards me.

"God. No. I know what he is going to do" I thought.