38. GUTS

Author's POV

Sunlight poured in through the window disturbing Aadya's tranquil sleep. Rubbing her eyes she sat on the bed pushing the duvet. She realised that she was on the bed. The before night's conversation flashed in her mind. She smiled a little and unknowingly looked at Omkar. He was still asleep on the couch. It was evident that he was uncomfortable in the position he was sleeping. The couch was obviously short for his height and physic. Half of his body was in the air. The duvet was on the floor.

Aadya stood up and walked towards him. She lifted the duvet and tucked him under the duvet. She looked at him for a while and thought "Who knows that the monster looks angelic during sleep? huhh.." She walked towards the window and pushed the net curtains to the end. Bright sun light escaped the windows and fell on Omkar. "pchhh..." he sighed and covered his face with the duvet.

She made her open hairs into a bun and looked at the clock. It was 7:45 am. She stepped into the closet in a hurry and opened the cupboard. She took a saree and other necessities and stepped into the bathroom to take a shower.

She took a quick shower but couldn't drape the saree as the floor of the bathroom was wet. She was in her blouse and underskirt. She slowly opened the door and peeped into the bedroom to check if he was still asleep. He was sleeping like a log. She kept the saree on her shoulder and covered her bosom and bare waist with it. She swiftly crossed the bedroom and stepped into the closet. She draped her saree and stepped out.

She looked at him again. How can someone sleep so recklessly? She walked towards him and pulled the duvet and uncovered his face. "Omkar. Wake up" she said. There was no response. She totally pulled the duvet and threw it on to the bed and yelled "Omkar. Wake up. It's 8:15". "I couldn't sleep properly at night. Let me sleep for sometime" he said and turned to the other side.

"Omkar. Wake up or else I will pour water on you" she warned. There was no response. She picked the water jug from the nightstand and let the whole amount of the water onto him. He woke up in a jerk and seated.

"What the hell? Don't you have sense?" he yelled clearing the water droplets from his face. "I warned you before itself. You didn't care." she back answered. He scowled at her and went away to take a shower.

Aadya went downstairs. Omkar joined soon. They had their breakfast and soon left to office. They reached office at a time and were shocked seeing the crew who gathered at the lobby.

"What happened?" Omkar asked entering into the lobby. Aadya followed him. "Sir.......that..." an employee uttered. "What?? Continue.." Omkar almost yelled.

"What happened? Anything wrong??" Aadya questioned. She looked at Keerti. Keerti signaled her to come aside. Keerti and Aadya went aside. "Tell me now. What happened?" Aadya asked. Keerti hesitated to speak.
"Come on Keerti. Don't waste the time. You very well know our boss. He may go to any extent in anger. He will fire everyone of us. Just tell me" Aadya compelled her to speak.

"Aadya... Vivek made blunders in the presentation and tomorrow is the last date." Keerti spoke.

"So that's the issue. Don't worry. I will speak to him" Aadya said and they went back into the lobby.

No one dared to speak about the issue with Omkar. Aadya explained him the issue. "Oh.. What a splendid work?? Where are your senses while working??" Omkar bursted. There was utter silence. "Fine. Make the presentation again. And another thing. Why do you guys hesitate to speak? Whether it is right or wrong you should have the GUTS to speak about it" he gave earful to everyone. Everyone departed to do their respective works.

"Omkar. You were speaking something about GUTS. I didn't get what you meant. Can you please elaborate?" Aadya asked soon after entering his cabin.

"What's there in it? I told that whatever you do, you should speak about it without fear" he said seating in his chair.

"Oh!! I think yyyouuu shouldn't be talking about GUTS. It would be hypocrisy" she said.

He was perplexed. "I didn't get it" he said.

"Well.. When you have the guts to have a relationship then you should also have the GUTS to confess about it to your family" she mocked him.

He scowled. "Well may be I didn't have the guts to confess to my family. But I clearly stated about it to you. What have you done? Before pointing your finger at someone be aware that four fingers are pointing you" he uttered.

Aadya was about to speak when he got a phone call. He answered the call. The day was hefty as they had to make the presentation again. It was 9 pm. Everyone left. Aadya started her scootee. She stopped as the signal was red at the junction. She spotted a familiar face. She took out the helmet and stepped out to check. The person disappeared. She doubted whether her eyes were betraying her.

She gained senses and started her scootee as the vehicles behind were honking due to the green signal. She reached home. But the incident was constantly flashing in her mind. She went upstairs. Omkar was busy scrolling down his phone. She took a shower and soon they went downstairs as it was already late for dinner.

Everyone gathered at the dining table. Aadya herself served Omkar. She filled the whole plate without leaving any space. He gave a death glare but she didn't mind. They faked smiles at each other as everyone were watching.

Omkar forcefully had the food. He stood up with his plate when Aadya held his hand and made him sit. "What Om?? You forgot curd rice." she showed fake anger. She served him rice, curd and pickle. He gave death glare.

Annapurna (his aunt) observed it and said "What Om? You don't need to be angry at her. She loves and cares for you. That is why she is compelling you to have curd rice. It's for your sake. Have it."

"Yeah pinni (chachi). She loves me so much" he said and put his hand on her shoulder. He patted her and side hugged her. Aadya had a different feeling when he did it. Everyone felt happy seeing the couple.

Everyone departed to their respective rooms for resting. Omkar stepped into the bathroom. Aadya settled on the bed with her novel. He stepped into the bedroom and looked at her. He scowled and asked "How long do I need to sleep on the couch?"

She shifted her attention from the book to him. "Oh!! Seen hell in one day. I didn't compel you to sleep on the couch. That was your choice. You can sleep on the bed. I don't mind" she uttered.

"I will never do that when alive" he gritted his teeth. "Suits you well" she said and shifted her attention to the novel. He took a pillow and duvet and laid on the couch. He turned again and again.

"Hey.. switch off the light" he yelled.

"I already told you that I'll switch off the light only when I'm done reading" she said without shifting her attention from the novel.

He growled and covered himself with the duvet including his face. Her new avatar was beyond annoying him. She chuckled and switched off the light soon.

.
.
.
To be continued
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whom did Aadya see at the traffic junction?? Any guesses..

Forgive me for the late update. I was busy.

Hope you liked this chapter. Comment and let me know your opinions.

Will update the next chapter soon.

THANK YOU for 500+ votes