49. Caught

Omkar's POV

Wrapping my arms around her I dozed off to sleep.

Author's POV

Next morning

Sunlight entered the room sneaking through the windows. Subconsciously Omkar felt something heavy. He opened his eyes and soon realised that it was Aadya's head resting on his chest.

She was asleep. Her face was looking pale and there were dried tears on her cheeks. The previous day's incidents flashed in his mind. He fisted his palm and cursed himself for being so stupid.

"Pchh" Aadya sighed bringing him back to his senses. She tried to push away the hair strands which were on her face in sleep. Without thinking twice he traced his fingers on her face and tucked the hair strands behind her earlobe. The frown lines on her forehead disappeared. He tried to put her aside but couldn't as she buried herself more into him and clutched his t-shirt tightly in her sleep.

He had no other choice  than staying there still. She extended her leg and rested it on his.  He was taken aback for a moment. Most of her body was resting on his. He caressed her hairs with one hand and intertwined his fingers with her's.

Without disturbing her he extended his hand (which was caressing her hairs) to the nightstand and picked her phone. He scrolled her phone for a few minutes when she opened her eyes and lifted her head. Her browny orbs met his black ones. They had an eye lock. In a jerk she removed her leg which was resting on his, uninterwined the fingers and tried to get up but her thali (mangalasutra) got intertwined with his chain. She tried to separate them in a hurry which made them intertwine more. He put the phone aside and stopped her. They looked at each other. He started trying to separate them. His breath was fanning her neck making her breath unevenly. He was trying to separate them while she was in another world. She felt the rush of hormones due to his warm breath. His touch on her neck (while trying to separate the chains) was bringing chills to her spine. She couldn't resist herself from gawking at him. At last he separated the chains. A deep sigh escaped her mouth. She got up and sat at the corner of the bed. The previous day's incidents flashed in her mind. He got up and sat next to her and put his palm on her head. She looked at him due to the touch.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine" he said and removed his hand from her head.

A lone tear escaped her eye listening his words. He wiped the tear with his thumb and patted her cheek. 

"I am here...with you. I won't let anything happen" he assured and took her hand in his. She nodded her head. He took her into his embrace and rubbed her back with his palm. She closed her eyes unknowingly. His embrace made her feel secured.

They broke the hug.

"Go take a shower. I will order something to eat. We didn't have anything the past night" he said.

Her expressions changed.

"What?" he asked.

She shook her head.

"Aadya. Tell me what's the matter?" he ordered.

"I don't want to eat anything" she replied.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" he questioned.

She looked down.

"Well. I didn't ask you. I just informed you" he said.

"Monster" she thought.

"Now will you go take a shower by yourself or should I make you do that?" he said.