37. New version

Author's POV

Everyone gathered at the dining table for breakfast. Aadya seated next to Omkar. Annapurna (Omkar's aunt) served Dosa and chutney to everyone. She seated next to her husband (Shekhar).

Messages popped in Omkar's phone. He picked the phone to check them. Aadya peeped when Omkar was checking. It was from Priya. Priya pinged him to meet her.

Omkar started gulping food after viewing Priya's messages.

"Arey Om. What's the matter? Why are you in hurry?" Shekhar (Omkar's uncle) asked.

"Mavayya (fil). A verrrrryyyy important meeting is fixed suddenly" Aadya said.

Omkar understood the sarcasm behind her words.

"Oh!!! But the clients can wait Omkar. Health can't. Chew food and swallow properly." Shekhar said.

Omkar gulped water and stood up. "I'm getting late" he said.

"Arey. Atleast take your food" Niranjan (Omkar's dad) said.

"No Mavayya (fil). It's a verrrryyyy important meeting. The client is very strict. So strict that the client may even reject the proposal if he goes late. And he can't afford it" Aadya said. She looked at Omkar, held his hand and continued "Right Omkar." He gave a death glare to her. Aadya didn't mind. He gained senses and nodded his head.

Aadya stood up from the chair when he was about to leave. She bumped into him and the glass of juice which she was holding spilled on him.

"Aadya...." he was about to cuss her but didn't as everyone were watching. He gritted his teeth.

"Sorry. Sorry Omkar. I am really sorry. Now how will you go with this outfit. Take a shower and change your clothes" Aadya said faking guilt and chuckled.

He fisted his palm and went upstairs.

"Aadya. You aren't going with him" Annapurna said.

"No attayya (mil). The client directly meets the chairman and doesn't like anyone else to accompany in the conference" Aadya replied and sat on the chair to resume having breakfast.

"Strange" Annapurna said.

Everyone departed to do their respective works. Omkar went to meet Priya. Priya was hell angry with him and kicked him out of her house as he was late.

Omkar went to office. Aadya sat on the couch in his cabin making a schedule. He opened the door of the cabin, entered in and slammed the door. He directly stepped towards Aadya.

He held her hand and made her stand. He held her elbows, pulled her towards him and uttered "You spilled juice on me on purpose so that I will be late right"

She freed herself from his hands and said "Yes. I did it on purpose"

"Ofcourse. What's the need in specially questioning you? Such a shameless bitch you are" he uttered.

She wanted to speak something but stopped.

"Are you done with cursing? Shall we start our work now?" She said taking a deep breath.

"Ya. Whatever. There is no use in arguing with you" he said.

"When you know that it's of no use then why do you argue?" Aadya gritted.

"You..." he gritted and seated on the couch. She sat on the other couch and explained him the schedule.

"Omkar. We need to check the supply of medicines." Aadya said.

"What did you just say?" he asked.

"I said we need to check the supply of medicines'' she replied.

"You addressed me with my name" he said.