𝑊𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑌𝑜𝑢 - 𝐿𝑒𝑒 𝐹𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑥

imagine: after breaking up, you're reluctant to keep him by your side no matter what it takes

y/n's pov

arms resting on the edge of the bridge, you stared out into the dark sky; eyes staring out aimlessly, your mind was blank. mostly, at least.

the one thing you wished you could forget, you couldn't.

...

"are you going to talk to me? or are you going to keep arguing?" felix ran his hand through his hair, taking a seat opposite you. "y/n."

"stop talking." you'd had enough of the sound of his voice, hearing it only made you angrier.

"if you're going to keep doing this i'll just go. i have other things to do, did you forget that?"

"then, go." your response was blunt, and he clearly didn't expect you to say that - but he wasn't bothered either way.

"i had practice hours ago, i skipped it to come and see you. what was so important that you needed me to be here with you?"

in all honesty, you didn't know why you asked him to come over. you knew he was busy. and it was wrong of you to stop him doing something that was important, yet you couldn't seem to help it.

"i don't want you to be here." that was a lie. of course, you did.

now that he started to get busier, you suddenly felt so alone. it wasn't the same without him, he was always busy, or he'd already made plans without you. it wasn't the same as it used to be.

"just tell me what's wrong, at least. or is there nothing i can do?"

you could tell he was frustrated - he often felt that way recently, maybe it was because of your attitude towards him. you didn't exactly make an effort to see him or talk to him. when he did come over to see you, you completely blanked him. you pushed him aside and pretended he wasn't there.

"if this relationship is going to last, you need to talk to m-"

"what relationship?" you cracked a sarcastic smile, lowering your head before looking up slightly to meet his eyes. "is this even a relationship? we're not exactly trying, are we?"

"i'm trying. you're not. clearly." tightening his fists by his side, he threw his head back and shook it lightly. "tell me what you want. stop stringing me along-"

"stringing you along? that's what you think i'm doing?"

"well, is there anything else i should know about? hm? now would be the time to tell me, y/n."

lips pressed together and eyes wide, you shrugged at him.

"then..." he started, trying to collect his thoughts together. he thought he'd make a mistake by saying this. "...let's break up."

you expected him to say it at some point, you just didn't want to believe it's what he wanted.

"are you sure?" you had no other words. every other thought simply slipped from your mind, and you could only think about how selfish you were now being, and how you always were.

"...no." he wanted to take back what he said immediately, but took a breath and continued. "this isn't working. let's not keep doing this to each other."

"i agree."

"y-you do?"

"sure."

...

leaving felix wasn't what you wanted, but you'd only just come to realise that.

you knew what you had to do.

you left your stance at the bridge, rushing through the city in hopes you could see felix tonight.

...

from what you could see, he was home. the lights were on, but very few of them.

you waited patiently at the doorstep after knocking, hands tied behind your back with your head lowered towards the ground.

the door opened quickly, you shot your head up. to your surprise, felix didn't answer.

it was a girl.

"lix, i think it's for you." she stepped back away from the door with a smile, allowing felix to answer.

lix...?

he made his way to the door, his eyes widened when he finally saw you. "y/n..."