𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑚𝑒 - 𝑆𝑒𝑜 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑏𝑖𝑛

imagine: after telling changbin you no longer want the guy you're in a relationship with, he readies himself to admit his feelings but you push him away

y/n's pov

"thanks for picking me up," you smile at changbin, shutting the car door behind you and falling back into your chair.

"you look happy?"

"mmh, i am," you giggled lightly, trying to hide how happy you were feeling.

"for what reason?"

"hey, can i not be happy?" you tutted, slapping his arm jokingly.

"it's nice to see you smiling," he started the engine, pulling out onto the road. "y/n, there's something i need to tell yo-"

"before you say anything.." you grinned, turning your head to face him, "jae and i are back together."

you hoped his smile would widen but, instead, it just faded.

"jae?" his voice lowered, his hand falling from the wheel.

"is there something wrong?"

he sniggered, dropping his head before looking back up at the road. "do you know how hard this is for me?"

"w-what?"

"not once have i been able to be honest with you, it's really hard to admit something when something else is always getting in the way."

"you mean jae?"

"how many times are you going to do this? you've tried so many times, isn't that a hint? your relationship with him isn't working out-"

"why do you think you have a say in my relationship?" you scoffed, rolling your eyes and staring out the window, "are you not happy?"

"i'm fed up of being second place. don't you get that?"

"second place?" you frowned, "you think you're second place?"

"don't try to convince me otherwise-"

"pull over."

"y/n-"

"i said pull over."

he did as you asked, pulling over to the side of the road with a sigh.

"you were never second place," you tugged at your bag, your hand against the door as you were ready to leave. "i know you like me, don't worry," you nodded, "i'm not risking my friendship with you...even if i do like you, too."

"hey, y/n-"

"drive safe," you left the vehicle, walking quickly without looking back.

you heard the door slam after hearing yours close, changbin followed quickly behind you, tugging at your hand to stop you.

"y/n-"

"i like you," you pulled away, "you know i do. but this is unfair."

"please stop doing this to me," he sighed, dropping your hand from his grip, "you should have mentioned something if you felt like this. it's not fair that i've been standing in the background for so long just waiting. are you going to make me wait longer?"

tears in your eyes, you narrowed them and stared into his own. "forever. you'll be waiting forever."