𝐶𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒 - 𝐻𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐻𝑦𝑢𝑛𝑗𝑖𝑛

imagine: during a performance for their fans, hyunjin breaks down, admitting that recently there was an incident

hyunjin stops centre of the stage, looking out into the crowd with hopeful eyes. he stared out in hope he could see you, his eyes flickered around the arena carefully - he'd point you out in seconds, which is why he was so sad... he couldn't find you. 

the crowds of people had noticed hyunjin standing empty whilst the others remained completing their choreography, until hyunjin lifted his mic to speak. 

"everyone," he spoke as though he was on the verge of tears, and he was. he'd held them back before they could slip down his cheek. "there..." he started, "there's something-" 

chan lowered his head and walked over with a blank face. hyunjin made his feelings obvious; he felt so lost. with chan's hand on his shoulder, he turned to him with tears in his eyes, almost falling to his knees if it weren't for chan's arms wrapping around him to hold him up. 

he began to cry harder, not because of his fans calling out to him to make him smile, but because he couldn't see you anywhere. hyunjin desperately tried to search, and with his tears filling his eyes he couldn't take a second glance.

"y/n isn't here," hyunjin screamed into chan's shoulder, letting his arms fall to the side of his body whilst he pressed his face into chan. chan, on the other hand, could do nothing but make him feel secure and hold him. he, too, began to tear up, just because he missed you, too. they all did. they knew why hyunjin was so hurt, the others just found it easier to hide - hyunjin, however, broke down on stage and refused to let go of chan. "why aren't they here?" 

he thought back to when he last saw you, at the practice room the night before you went missing... 

"shall i walk you home?" hyunjin pulled out his towel from his bag, trying to dry off the sweat covering his hair. 

"it's not too far from here," you smiled at him, packing away your things. 

"so you wouldn't mind me taking you back, would you?" he chuckled, "it's a little dark, just let me walk you back." 

he wandered over to you with his bag in his hand, brushing back his sweaty hair and looking down at you. 

"maybe tomorrow." 

he glanced at you so carefully, making sure to take in every detail of your face every time he looked at you. he didn't want to forget how you looked, or how you smiled with your eyes. 

if only he'd taken you home that night. if only he'd refused to let you say no, or at least followed behind you to make sure you were safe getting home. 

the members had started getting along well with you, they were happy, and so were you. 

the fans were still unaware of what was wrong with hyunjin, in fact they were unaware of what was wrong with all of the members. felix had started to turn away and cry, changbin was stood beside him with his head hung low and his arm over his eyes, seungmin knelt down at the far back of the stage so he could calm himself down, jeongin was being comforted by jisung and minho had already left the stage. they didn't expect you to be gone, so they didn't know how to react to your sudden disappearance. 

all hyunjin could think about was trying to find you. he just wanted to know you were safe, he wondered where you were, or if you were even still alive. 

~

your head was lifted up forcefully to stare at the screen before you. they'd taped your friends, and all you could focus on was seeing chan holding hyunjin close in the middle of the stage. it broke your heart to know that you'd caused him this much pain, but he wouldn't find you. you had no way of leaving or getting out. 

so, hyunjin continued to stand, fallen against chan's body, and he cried for you.