𝐺𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑠𝑎𝑛 𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙 𝑃𝑡 3- 𝑌𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑖𝑛

imagine: when jeongin finally reaches you, he finds himself in the middle of a ritual where he will be sacrificed along with his friends.

y/n's pov

you watch jeongin, stood in the middle of the circle. your eyes are fiery as you stare him down, his smile turning sad.

'i can't do this...' you thought to yourself.

this was inhumane. you worried yourself, concerned about what you'd gotten yourself into.

"y/n, what's going on?" he asks, his voice shaking as he speaks. he was terrified. for the first time in his life, he was scared of losing it.

"what the hell is going on?!" chan wakes up in a daze, watching his surroundings and noticing the fire spread throughout the circle. he notices you from a distance and stares, his glare becoming stronger.

you felt bitter, and turned away from his stare, it was unbearable.

"i've been chosen for this, you don't understand," you growl at them, your jaw clenching tightly.

"this is crazy," hyunjin pipes up, standing from a distance as he tries to attack the fire with his shoes, "you're crazy! what the hell do you think you're doing? you think this is funny?"

"y/n, you're scaring us..." jeongin's tears are heard through the spitting of fire, and out of fear you turn your back to them. you couldn't stand their faces much longer.

your heart said to release them, to let them go unharmed. but, you knew, your mind was right. it was your gut feeling. this would only help yourself, were you selfish enough to let this decision tear you apart?

"you let me go!" you screamed from the top of your lungs, your stare tearing into them, "this was your fault! if you didn't let me go-"

"we didn't let you go!" changbin yelled out, "not once!"

"why do you think we're here? we came looking for you! we've been out here all night, all we've done is look out for you. for your safety," jisung complains, holding back his tears as the fire circling them rises. "jeongin did this for you."

"and i'm doing this for him. i'm doing this for all of us! don't you understand that?" your heart aches as you scream out to them.

the only distance between you is the fire, slowly spreading.

"i'm not cursing you, i'm not killing you! don't you see?" you frown, "you'll ascend! i'm keeping you all safe. safe from this treacherous hell we live in!"

"y/n," jeongin cries, trying to reach you through the fire, "please, don't do this."

you smile sadly at him, saying goodbye, "once you ascend, you'll thank me."

"y/n!"

~

"miss y/n l/n, the jury have found you guilty of first degree murder. you will therefore receive the punishment of life in prison."

you stare off into the courtroom, smiling as you're escorted out of the room.

one day, when you meet again, jeongin will thank you.

thanks to you, he ascended. they all did.

"i saved you," you whispered, grinning to yourself.