𝑆𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑙𝑟𝑦 - 𝐻𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐻𝑦𝑢𝑛𝑗𝑖𝑛

requested by my boyfriend

imagine: after some hard thinking, hyunjin has come to a decision on your relationship.

y/n's pov

you sat aside from hyunjin, your legs crossed as you stared up at him. he seemed deep in thought, and so you just sat and watched. he was already sat there for hours, just silently scrolling through his phone, he hadn't said a word.

you felt as though maybe he'd changed his mind. you weren't in a relationship, you hadn't made anything official, but you still acted as though you were together. but, recently, he was off with you. he didn't see you as much, he wouldn't call at night, he'd always be too busy for you. it started to get on your nerves, obviously. why wouldn't it? he was keeping things from you. you just knew it.

"y/n," he gulped, still staring at his phone.

you looked up a little eagerly, waiting for him to speak again.

his eyes darted to yours, and he just stared for a moment, seemingly taking it all in before taking a deep breath and sighing.

"let's break up."

your eyes widened, but your brows furrowed. your emotions were unreadable, he seemed to just stare in a daze at your expression as everything fell silent.

your lips finally curled into a sad smile, and you dropped your head, "did i do something?"

"no," he shook his head quickly, trying to rid your mind of those thoughts. "you didn't do anything."

"then... why?"

hyunjin didn't seem to know how to explain it in a way that wouldn't hurt you too much. "i like your sibling."

your head shot back up to meet his eyes, "what?!" your question sounded aggressive, it came out a little too frustrating.

he was taken aback, and fell back against a pillow in shock. "i'm..." he swallowed, "i'm sorry."

your sad smile turned into a sarcastic chuckle, your tongue lining your teeth. his expression was serious, and you realised he wasn't joking. "you're... serious?"

he nodded, "mmh. i spent more time with them recently. i think i like them, a lot."

you could do nothing but accept his decision. so, you nodded. as much as you hated hearing that he liked your sibling, you couldn't change his feelings.

part of you felt happy. your sibling would get to experience someone as amazing as hyunjin, and you knew they'd be happy. but you'd forever feel hurt.

you finally managed to creep a short smile onto your face, looking up at him. he was still lost for words at your acceptance, but smiled sweetly back at you.

"i'm sorry."

"i'm glad you told me now. i think if you told me even just a moment later, it would be harder for me to let go."

at that moment, hyunjin noticed your eyes fall heavy. your shoulders dropped, and so did your smile. and, eventually, so did his. he felt awful. you didn't bother letting him console you, it was pointless. there was nothing more that he could do.

"treat them well," you smiled with a short glare, "and, don't change your mind. i won't let you come back."