𝑃ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑃𝑡 2 - 𝐾𝑖𝑚 𝑆𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑔𝑚𝑖𝑛

imagine: after your mom hung up on seungmin, he turns up unexpectedly to personally speak to her

staring at the door, he bit the inside of his cheek uncomfortably. seungmin had left it for the next day or so, but he felt slightly wary of his relationship with your mom. his first thought was to call her, maybe she'd hang up on him like you did, instead he turned up at the door unexpectedly. to his surprise, your mom wasn't frustrated with his unexpected visit.

he smiled at your mom who stood in the doorway, her smile weak.

"sorry, i know it's a little unexpected-"

"come in," she nodded into the house, stepping out of the way to allow him inside.

out of fear, he did as she asked and let himself in, politely walking through the house by her side.

"is y/n not home?"

"she'd with some friends," her excuse seemed like a lie, but of course it did - it always sounded a little off, perhaps because your mom hated lying for you. "that means we can talk alone."

he was put off by her sudden smile, yet he didn't know why.

she just stood and smiled. not because the tension made it awkward, and not because she wanted him to feel a little less paranoid - she smiled because she was glad to finally be telling seungmin the truth, which is what you should have done. unfortunately, you didn't have much confidence compared to your mom, she spoke so freely as if she didn't care, because she didn't; it wasn't her business to get involved, she just believed it was unfair for seungmin to stand around completely oblivious.

y/n's pov

it was getting late and you'd just about got home. you walked in with light steps, expecting your mom to question where you'd been and who you were with, as well as why you were back so late. but, she didn't.

"y/n," she smiled, "you're home."

"mmh," you nodded nervously, dropping your bag to the floor, "sorry i'm...late."

she continued to smile as if she felt uncomfortable, almost sorry, for you.

"someone's waiting for you."

you left the room without another word, heading up to your own room with a puzzled look on your face. the door was already open and, sat at your window with a blank look on his face, seungmin was there.

"seungmin!" you called, rushing in to greet him with a smile on your face.

his face stayed blank, yet you noticed how his eyes were puffy, his cheeks slightly red.

"were you crying-" you reached your hand out to brush the tips of your fingers over his cheek, but he slapped your hand away quickly - he didn't seem too happy by the sudden frustrated look on his face. he'd never really been mad at you, so you were nervous as to why he was suddenly acting this way. "how long have you been here?"

"i spoke to your mom," he nodded, dropping his head to stare at his fingers intertwined, "how many guys was it? one? two? maybe, three?"

"seungmin-"

"how could you keep lying to me..." he cried, his collar was slightly damp from the tears falling down his chin and jaw.

you weren't frustrated with yourself at all, why should you be? you were more frustrated with seungmin as well as your mom.

"mo-"

"don't call her, there's no point," he interrupted your low grunt as you attempted to call your mom.

"can i explain?"

"your mom explained everything, there's no need."

"you think she knows everything?"

"seeing as we spent some time talking about it, yeah, i think she knows everything. it seems like she knows more about your feelings than you do," he scoffed, "why would you keep this from me but continue to do it? why would you keep going off with other guys when i needed you?"

"it wasn't easy-"

"you think i'll believe that?" he tightened his fists, standing to his feet so that he stood over you, "it wasn't easy for you to sleep around with a new guy every week?"

"hey, seungmin-"

"tell me i'm wrong."

you were scared. but, most of all, you were embarrassed. there wasn't exactly a reason behind the decisions you were making so, even if he asked you to explain it, you didn't know how. you couldn't give him any reasons, you'd fill his insecurities with excuses rather than the truth.

"can you tell me i'm wrong? please?"

your mind was blank, you had no response to his questions or his accusations. what you did was wrong, but you couldn't bring yourself to own up to the many mistakes you'd already made.

"it's too late, you know it is," you began to glance out of the window, refusing to meet his eyes. if you looked at him once more, you'd struggle to stop yourself from pulling him back and crying out for him to stay. it wasn't what you wanted anymore, things had changed too quickly between the two of you. "seungmin..."

eyes wide, he readied himself and glanced at you - he hoped you'd admit your mistakes, he hoped you'd say you still wanted this, he didn't want to go.

"...i'm sorry."

he was disappointed by your final words and, with that, he nodded and left the room silently. you gazed out of the window, eyeing him as he left the house.

you wanted him to just walk away without a second glance, but he couldn't help himself - he let his sleeve cover his eyes, allowing himself to cry into his jumper before looking back once more.

he hoped it wouldn't be the last time he'd see you, but you hoped differently.