𝐹𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡 - 𝐵𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛

imagine: you offer your help to chan after he goes through a rough breakup - your plan is to fake date so his ex gets jealous and wants him back, but you fall in love.

y/n's pov

chan managed to find a way to get the two of you into a house party that sun-mi - his ex girlfriend - was invited to.

"why do you look so nervous?" he chuckled, glancing down at you with a raised brow.

"i don't date," you shrugged.

it still seemed unnatural for you to offer your help to someone, especially chan. the situation he'd gotten himself in was slightly uncomfortable for you, you were never used to dating or being seen with guys - so you simply felt awkward around him. weeks of dating had already passed, so the awkwardness slowly disappeared but, instead, you found yourself falling for him more everyday.

there were so many things you adored about him but, if he asked you to tell him what those things were, you'd shy away immediately - you wouldn't be able to give such an easy answer. although the answer was right in front of you, you couldn't bring yourself to tell him.

initially, you thought that, perhaps, he was feeling the same - yet he gave no signs, nor did it feel like he showed you any sincere affection.

his hand reached out to yours, clenching it tightly in his grip with a wide smile on his face - you practically melted at his smile.

"are you still not used to dating me?" he dragged you through the doors, searching around - of course the first thing he was doing was looking for sun-mi.

"do you see her-"

"chan," you stopped him, pulling your hand from his, "can we forget about it? just for tonight?"

"i thought you wanted to come here to-"

"to, what?" you scoffed, "to help you get your girlfriend back?"

a few heads turned towards you, to which chan responded with a low grunt and narrowed eyes. "come outside-"

he reached out for your hand once more, yet you resisted and slapped his hand away. "don't."

even you didn't understand why you were acting so off. maybe it was because it was frustrating, all you ever did was watch chan look around for sun-mi, or listen to him talk about her, or comfort him when he didn't get to see her. you'd had enough of pretending like you were perfectly fine with it.

"have you thought about what i think of this? what about me? what if i felt uncomfortable with this?"

"y/n-"

"shut up and listen. just listen, once."

all he ever seemed to do was talk over you, he never gave you the chance to express yourself - he thought it was all for him.

"did you ever think about me? and how i feel?"

his arm dropped by his side quickly, his eyes glancing around the room.

"what? are you looking for her again? are you checking to see if she's watching?" hands tightened into fists, you stepped away from him, "go ahead. go find her."

"stop-"

"go look for her, that's what you wanted, wasn't it?" you felt eyes on you around the room, it was almost silent. "do you like me?"

"w-what?"

"do you want me to spell it out for you?"

"y/n, of course i like you-"

"but you like her more, right?"

it was silent again. all you could hear was the sound of your breathing quickening. if he wanted you more, he'd say that - he wasn't one to hide his feelings, especially from you.

"let's break up."

his head lifted, wide eyes staring back at you. "what?"

"i can't be with someone who wants someone else."

even though your relationship was never real, it hurt. your feelings were sincere, and he made his feelings pretty clear, too. he couldn't keep using you, didn't he realise how unfair it was?

you pushed past him, making your way towards the door, but his harsh grip on your wrist urged you to turn back. "i want you."

for the last time, you tugged your hand away from his. "i don't think you do."

a/n:
maybe I'll do part 2 ;)