𝑆𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒 𝑃𝑡 3 - 𝐻𝑎𝑛 𝐽𝑖𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑔

imagine: you finally let him in, but the alcohol wore off and reality kicked in.

y/n's pov

the door swung open and you stared out, but he was gone. "jisung-" your voice broke at the call of his name as you let out only quiet whimpers.

you thought he waited for you. you thought he wanted you as much as you wanted him. but, he was never there. you waited, again and again, you waited for him.

"jisung..."

seeing him stood there, eyes front as he glances up at you with tears in his eyes, telling him he misses you... that's what you wanted. yet, here you were, stood alone in the dark with the smell of alcohol faintly brushing past you.

you'd forgotten if you drank, perhaps you did, perhaps you did every night. you saw him waiting every night, it was just a hallucination you'd dreamt of. it was so peaceful sitting in the window as you watched him pour his heart out on your doorstep, you were desperate to go out and hold him. you felt glad for not going out until now, if you did, you'd no longer see him and think it was the real him. he was just a figment of your imagination.

you scanned your phone, searching through the contacts to look for jisung.

"j..." you hummed, scrolling frantically.

he wasn't there.

"y/n."

dropping your phone in fright, you looked up with a steady heartbeat, and your arms dropped shakily to your side. "jisung-"

"are you okay?" he speaks with a sad smile, standing a far distance from you. your arms reached out as though you were desperate; desperate for his touch, his love...

"where did you go?"

"i've been here this entire time," he dropped his heavy arms, tilting his head slightly, "i said i wouldn't leave."

you took short steps towards him, your fist raising with frustration, "where?! where did you go-"

he held out his hand to clutch your fist, his sight blinded by the tears filling. "you keep waiting for me. why?"

"because i see you outside everyday. and it breaks my heart. i had to see you."

"i'm waiting because you are. you have to let me go. it's been a month-"

"no," you cried, "nothing happened-"

"i'm sorry," his hand let go of your fist to cup your cheek, the tear rolling down his cheek as he smiled so sadly, "if i didn't go that night, i'd still be by your side."

"you are! you are," you sobbed, "you're right here..."

he couldn't stare at you much longer, just looking at you broke his heart.

"can you let me go? please? i hate seeing you like this," his thumb rubbed against your skin, his lips trembling.

thinking of letting him go hurt... you felt so disoriented, you forgot he was gone. waiting day after day for him, to then be brought back to reality where you'd never feel him hold you again.

"you can't go... please don't."

"you won't be alone, i'll stay by your side until the very end. okay?"

eventually, you'd have to say goodbye. you held his hand for the last time, feeling the warmth of his skin as his other brushed away your tears. you'd gotten so used to having his hand in yours that it felt wrong to let it fall.

"it's okay."

"you promised."

that night was the one you regretted most, and you'd never be able to forget it. he really kissed that girl, but all he could think about was you. and that was when he... you couldn't get the image out of your mind, you told yourself he'd be okay and that if you held onto him a little longer he'd make it.

"i'm not breaking my promise," he shook his head, "i'll always be here."

"don't leave me..."

"i have no choice," he kissed your forehead as you watched his touch slowly disappear, the graze of his lips on your head started to fade.

you wished you'd let him in, you wished you'd let him explain, you wished he'd stayed the night so you could keep him safe.

you looked up for just a moment, and he was gone. your hand was still warm, and that's when it hit you. you let the one person you loved most just leave, you'd never feel the same again.