𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠 - 𝑌𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑖𝑛

imagine: jeongin was finally king after his father died, and you'd become queen. but things took a quick turn, and his royal life would soon come to an end.

y/n's pov

you stood by jeongin's side, taking a deep breath as he took your hand through the link of his arm.

"are you ready?" he raises a brow, a smirk plastered on his face.

"are you?" you ask back, staring into his eyes.

he simply stares back at the bright gaze of the sun mirroring through the open doors before them, and he begins to walk. with you by his side, he feels confident. he's doing exactly as his father asked, but he'd make a few exceptions. especially since he'd soon marry you, a mere waitress.

the guards stand in an aisle by your side, allowing jeongin to step forward, leaving you behind.

the crowd begins to cheer for their, soon to be, king. each and every one of them looked pleased; they would finally have a king who would be suitable to rule their land.

the music falls silent, and jeongin clears his throat to finally speak. "it is with deep regrets that i inform you of the king's passing." the crowd bow their heads and pray silently for a peaceful rest. "but," he begins with a smile, "it is with the greatest pleasure that i stand here before you, awaiting to be your new king. and here," he reaches his hand out to you, and you willingly take it. "my, soon to be, wife, shall be your new queen."

the crowd bursts with joy, followed by tears and clapping, their voices growing louder as they soon follow to look up at your wide smile. this was jeongin's life dream; to become king, and to have his queen by his side. and you thought that was it. you'd get married, and you'd live on to have an heir to continue the line of royalty. you'd finally be a part of jeongin's family, one way or another...

"it is with great honour that i have this chance to rid you of my father's rules, and free you from the disruptive land we once lived on. let us all live happily, and change our ways of living."

as the crowd continues to cheer, a sharp voice is made known just a few feet away from the crowd. he steps forward with a sly grin, and watches jeongin's face fall. for a moment, you're both stunned. you wondered who it was, and how you'd never seen him before. how did he stand out so brightly? the crowd turned their heads to the man standing silently, and all muttered to themselves in confusion.

"brother," he smiled at jeongin, opening his welcoming arms, "it has been a long time coming. but," he pauses, taking a step forward with raised brows, "i think you have something of mine."

jeongin frowns, and he stands frustrated. he clearly didn't know who this man was, and his intention was to let the man pass by freely. but that was no longer an option.

"you see, the throne is not yours to take," he spoke. his gaze turned to the crowd, and his grin turned wide, "as the true heir, the king's first son... i shall be your new king!"

a/n:
THIS IS ANOTHER BOOK! this will be a hyunjin fanfic, but i'm so excited! just sharing this little sneak peek makes me so excited!