𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝑚𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠 - 𝑆𝑒𝑜 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑏𝑖𝑛

imagine: your days on earth have numbered down to one, and you wish to spend the rest of your time with changbin.

y/n's pov

your last day on earth.

you wondered how you'd spend it. perhaps you'd stay home, and enjoy the comfort of your room, or maybe you'd go out to see how the world falls apart. but there was still one thing you were unsure of.

changbin was all alone. you guessed that would be how it ends for him. a part of you felt as though it wasn't meant to end that way for him. and, with the way things were, you didn't think you could change it. at least, not for very long.

the open window drew a cold, icy breeze into your room, and you shivered as it touched your skin lightly. at this moment, you realised you had little time left. your feet met the ground, and you found yourself walking downstairs to finally face your parents.

"i'm going out," you muttered, slipping on a pair of worn out shoes and grabbing your coat from the edge of the sofa.

"y/n," your mom winced, sitting up from her seat as she tried to make her way over to you. "i know things are hard for you, right now. but, spend your time with us. this is the last chance you'll get to be with us."

with a sad smile, you grabbed a hold of your mom's shoulders, pulling her in for a tight hug, "i'll be back. i promise." leaving your parents alone was difficult. you were running out of time, what if you didn't make it back to them?

as the door swung open, you entered the frozen air. it hit you immediately, and you flinched at first, but pushed yourself through the cold. it was unnecessarily cold for summer, but temperatures had dropped drastically in just a few days.

you hadn't texted changbin to see where he'd be, but you already had an idea. it was a long walk up the mountain. you thought you'd freeze to death just travelling up there, but you finally made it to the top.

as you expected, changbin stood silently at the very edge of the mountain.

rather than calling out to him, you stood and watched. he gazed into the sky, expecting the sun to peek through the gloomy clouds. it seemed as though he'd been watching for a long time, and his legs were shaking from the cold air. he was becoming tired, and impatient.

you wandered over to stand by his side, and he already noticed your presence. still, he stood silently, watching the clouds. "do you think it's pretty?"

your eyes widened just slightly as you turned to face him, his eyes still gazing away. "hm?" you questioned, unsure how to answer.

"the sky," he hummed, taking in a breath of fresh air. although, the air no longer seemed as fresh as it used to be. pieces of rubble and ash covered the mountain top, and it just smelt like smoke. "i think it's pretty. peaceful, even." for the first time, you watched changbin smile. and, as he did, you felt a smile creep onto your face, too. he was right. it was peaceful from where you stood, it was quiet. just the sounds of birds - crows, even - and the rustling of leaves from down below.

"why're you alone?" you asked, placing your hands into your coat pockets. they were warm, much warmer than the sleeves hanging just above your fingertips. "aren't you scared?"

changbin seemed confused. not confused about your questions, but confused about how he felt.

he shrugged, and sighed. "i'm not sure."

it was a simple answer, but you understood.

"come home with me," you finally turned to face him, your shoulders rising up to shrug against your neck.

he looked at you, his brows furrowed.

"wouldn't you feel happier being around a family?" you questioned him.

he looked back to the sky, and watched as it darkened further. "it doesn't look like we have the time."

as your eyes turned back to watch the clouds, your heart dropped. they'd darkened quickly, and you were aware of what would soon happen. but, without your parents, you were even more scared.

you took your hand from your pocket, taking changbin's into yours. he jolted at the sudden warmth that touched his skin, but he quickly gripped you tighter as you watched the world fall apart.

"i'm sorry," changbin said, staring at the ground that seemed to split in two. 

you were unbothered by his apology, purely because it was unnecessary. or, so you thought.

"i'm sorry i never hugged you. or comforted you when you were going through a hard time."

your eyes filled with tears quickly, and you choked them back. changbin had never personally admitted his feelings, he kept himself distant from practically everyone. but he finally took his chance to admit it to you.

you chuckled tearfully, and lowered your head, gripping his hand tighter every second. "what if i didn't come to find you?" you sunk your teeth into your lower lip, gazing at his eyes with tears, "you'd never have the chance to tell me."

he smiled, feeling the grip of his hand in yours. "i knew you'd find me. i didn't lose hope."

your lips parted to speak, but you were hesitant as your eyes wandered to the city slowly crumbling. smoke filled the air, and the ground began to crack beneath you. there were fires, buildings collapsing and, out of everything, all you could hear were the screams of innocent people. petrified, anxious...

changbin released your grip on his hand and turned to you. for a moment, you flinched. his arms wrapped around you, one hand on the small of your back, and the other holding your face against his chest.

"don't look."

your arms had dropped to the sides of your body, but you quickly lifted them to grip onto changbin. he felt your grip, and just held you closer.

he planted a kiss on your head, and you heard his sniffles as he cried into your hair.

"it'll be okay. i've got you." he took one final look at the city setting alight, and closed his eyes.

"you promise?"

"i promise."