𝐶ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 - 𝑆𝑒𝑜 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑏𝑖𝑛

imagine: you find out changbin was cheating on you.

y/n's pov

"you're not actually leaving...are you?"

you were starting to get sick of the sound of his voice, you wanted to get out as quickly as you could.

"i said i was sorry-"

"oh, really?" you tilted your head sarcastically, "yeah, 'sorry i was making out with another girl in our home'. it was a great apology, changbin." your eyes rolled back, grabbing your clothes and throwing them into a bag.

"god, i wish you saw the whole thing-" he threw his head back with frustration.

"i'm glad i saw very little of it." you scowled.

"i didn't mean it like that. i told you, she came onto me!"

after some time of thinking, you decided to throw down your clothes and turn to face him.

"did you kiss her?"

"she kissed me-"

"but did you let her? or did you pull away?" tears started to form in your eyes as you spoke.

"y/n-"

"answer my question. it's simple, really."

the fact that he wasn't answering and was constantly hesitating already gave you the answer, the answer you didn't want.

"i didn't exactly pull away..."

"then, my questions been answered. so i'm leaving." you continued to pack your bags, forcing your tears back.

"how many times do i have to apologise?!"

turning to him sadly, your fists clenched by your side, you smiled, "just once. as long as you're honest."

"don't leave."

"why would i stay?"

"because you love me-"

"no." you shook your head, "i could never love someone like you."

"i-"

"we were struggling as it is. so... thank you. thank you for making it easier for me."

"how the hell did i make this easier for you!? huh??"

"i didn't have a reason to break up before, but you've given me plenty of reasons not to trust you after what i saw tonight."

"give me another chance-" he rushed to your side, grabbing your hand before you yanked it away.

"how many chances have i already given you? you can't keep breaking my trust and asking for forgiveness, you can't keep hurting me then expect me to be okay again. it doesn't work like that, you know it doesn't."

he finally backed off, narrowing his eyes as he struggled to hold back tears. "so, that's it? it's over? just like that?"

"just like that."

"are you serious?"

"what? did you want me to go into more detail?" you snapped back sarcastically, glaring at him, "you broke my trust, you can blame yourself for this."

"i didn't mean for this to happen-"

"i know." you shrugged, "but i'm glad it did."

"do you think that little of me...?"

"no. i just don't want to fall in love with someone who keeps throwing away their chances like you do. i hope you can learn from this..."

"i've already learnt from it! please, y/n... just stay."

"no." your head lowered, "i don't want to."

after so long, you were finally able to tell him how you really felt. you hadn't fallen out of love, you knew you'd hang on to him for a while yet, but you needed him to think you didn't love him any longer. he'd move on a lot quicker, and it's easier for you to leave too. it was a lot harder than you thought, but it would get better.

"don't do this to me..." he begged, wiping his teary face.

"i didn't do anything. in fact, i'm doing what's right."

it hurt to see him like this, so you had to get out quickly before you would force yourself to stay.

grabbing your bag and slinging it over your shoulder, you made your way towards the door.

he stood in your way, stopping you from moving any further. "i love you. please."

the words were already starting to slip from your lips, so you pushed him away aggressively to leave the house.

you were tempted to go back in, tempted to accept his love for you one last time, but it would do you no good.

it was better this way.