𝐺𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑠𝑎𝑛 𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙 - 𝑌𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑖𝑛

imagine: after a night out, jeongin worries that something happened to you on your way home - he files a missing report when you don't return home the next morning

"what do you expect me to do?" jeongin huffs, raising his fist in anger. "y/n didn't come home, they could be anywhere!"

"exactly," chan growls, "they could be anywhere, meaning you don't have a single clue where they are! none of us do."

"i can't just sit here and do nothing," he shakes his head, chewing at the tips of his fingers frantically. not having you home was stressing him out.

all he could remember from last night was that you went out with some friends, it was just for a few drinks. you said you wouldn't be home late, he remembered that part specifically.

"just be safe, that's all i ask, okay?" jeongin kisses your forehead, eyeing you as he waited for your agreement. you nod lightly and slide your heels on, allowing jeongin to cover your shoulders with his coat. "what time are you coming home? i'll wait up for you."

"i won't be home late," you smile reassuringly, kissing his cheek softly. he hesitated to shift at the smell of alcohol on your breath, you hadn't even left the house and you'd already been drinking.

"promise?" his concern for your safety was all he could think about.

"i promise."

"they promised they wouldn't be home late," he dropped his head. "it's been 12 hours already, surely they'd be back by now, right?"

"they knew you wanted them home early, so something's wrong," jisung propped his head up, glaring at jeongin with concern and worry.

"did they say where they went drinking?" hyunjin jumped at his own thought, "if we know where they were drinking we can search around."

jeongin hesitated for a moment, shrugging his shoulders, "i don't know."

just as he spoke, his phone pinged. he was quick to glance at it, hoping you'd called or at least texted. but, it was even better. your location was turned on.

"their location's on," he jumped, feeling slightly less worried now that he's aware your phone's on. but he started to worry again once he saw the location of your phone.

"so?" chan raises a brow, "where are they?"

"gariwangsan," jeongin gulps.

"through jeongseon?!" hyunjin frowns, "why are they so far?"

jisung held his hands up and cleared his throat, "how did they even get there? there's no way they'd be able to travel that far..."

jeongin was confused how you'd managed to get that far in the space of 12 hours. he knew you didn't have the money for a taxi, you took just enough to buy a few drinks - that was it. he was eager to know how you got up there, but he had to find out himself.

it started to get late, jeongin was still searching for you.

"you have to give up," felix sighs, exhausted from the amount of walking they'd been doing. "the mountain's 1,500m's high. we won't get up there. not tonight."

jeongin didn't want to give up looking for you, but he had no choice now. it was dark, everyone was hungry, they had to go home.

"wait," seungmin jolts for a moment, squinting his eyes at a fire in the distance. he glances at it for a moment before urging jeongin to step forward and follow behind.

one by one, the boys follow behind, allowing seungmin to take lead in carrying them through the trees. they each take a look, turning away to rid their minds from the gruesome scene they stood before.

minho bravely steps ahead of the group, his scarf wrapped around his mouth and nose to prevent any smells or even tastes entering his body. he dropped to his knees, his eyes bulged at the collection of bodies piled up around the fire.

"looks like some kind of ritual," he coughs, holding his arm over his face for extra protection from the scent. "and," he starts, "by the looks of it..." minho pauses for just a moment, snatching a necklace into his hand from the edge of the pit of fire, "y/n was here."