𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑠 - 𝑆𝑒𝑜 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑏𝑖𝑛

a/n: once again, i'm giving away one of my drafted books !! it isn't a changbin ff, but i'm desperate to at least give you some hints on the books i'm working on <3

imagine: changbin's devastated after your funeral, but he goes back to change your ending.

he couldn't help but stare at you through the window. he'd tried helping himself by forgetting you for the past three weeks but, here he was, travelling back in time to see you one last time, and to perhaps even save you.

you stood from your seat, leaving the office to find changbin stood outside your door. "changbin," you smiled, reaching out for his hand, "i told you i don't finish for another 3 hours."

you had no idea. you don't remember what happened. all you could remember was being in love with him for the past six years.

"are you okay?" you brushed your palm over his cheek, only to see him reaching out his arms to hold you.

"i wanted to see you," he sniffled, wiping away the tears that began to form in his eyes.

you laughed, pulling away from him, "don't be silly, you would've seen me in a few hours."

except, he wouldn't have.

today was the exact day he lost you. in 3 hours time, you'd get into an accident on your way home to him. he wouldn't find out until it was too late.

"can you come home now? with me?" he pleaded, holding onto your hands desperately.

"i have work to do," you shook your head, "i can't."

"then, let me pick you up tonight."

changbin knew that if he, too, was in the car with you, you'd both be involved in the accident, he just hoped he'd be able to go with you at least this time.

"how about you order food in for when i get back? i can't leave my car here all night."

"i can walk over and drive for you!"

"changbin," you smiled, kissing his cheek, "go home. i won't be long."

but, you would be. he'd be sat there for hours waiting for you, and he wouldn't know what was happening, why were you late? were you just catching up on work? he'd only find out from the news. he'd recognise your registration plate and rush over, only to see your head tilted back in the passenger seat, your lips ashy with blood just staining the insides.

..six years earlier..

changbin found himself going back one more time, hoping to be able to change your fate. but, he went too far back.

he stood outside the classroom, glancing at the students as they pushed past to walk in.

"y/n!" he noticed you and grabbed a hold of your arm, forgetting that you didn't know him yet.

you flinched and frowned, pulling back from his grip slightly, "you're in my class, right?"

he released your arm and nodded, stumbling backwards.

he questioned the sudden smile on your face, and how you dragged him into class to sit next to you.

"how did you know my name?" you finally spoke up, wondering how he'd guessed so easily.

changbin paused and stayed silent, looking down at the carvings on his desk; both your names had been engraved. "you looked familiar."

he leant his arm against the engraving so you wouldn't notice.

he was finally happy. he had another six years to fall in love with you, and six years to save you.