𝐶ℎ𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒𝑠 - 𝑆𝑒𝑜 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑏𝑖𝑛

imagine: changbin's been made to choose between you (his girlfriend) and straykids.

y/n's pov

you stared at the door as you waited for minho to get back from practice.

after being together for almost three years it was more of a daily routine for you to sit in the living room, watching tv as you sat in silence, waiting for the lock of the door to turn, changbin's face appearing as he smiled at you. you got used to it now, sometimes you'd go to rehearsals with him, just because you had nothing else to do that day and you wanted to spend at least a bit of time with him. but, you were planning on talking to him tonight, you felt like he didn't spend much time with you lately, and you understood that he had debuted and had a lot of performances and fan meets, but you couldn't help but feel left out...

~

you turned your head once you heard the door unlock, the handle turning as you saw changbin poking his head through the door.

he didn't smile, he didn't speak, his head was down low. clearly there was something wrong.

you looked down at your phone, seeing the time. "it's late... weren't you supposed to finish at 6:00 tonight? it's nearly 11:00."

"if it's nearly 11:00 you should be in bed." he sighed, ruffling his hair as he dropped his bag beside the door, walking into the kitchen to pull out a glass.

"well, why're you so late?" you stood up from your seat, wandering over to the kitchen as you followed him.

"does it matter? i'm home now." he growled.

"you seem upset...what's wrong?"

"nothing, just leave it. go to bed."

you rolled your eyes, leaning against the counter, "i'm not going to bed until you tell me what's wrong."

he turned to you, frowning, "do you know how many times i got told off today? because of you."

"me?!" you scoffed, raising your brow for him to elaborate.

"you texted me. in rehearsals. you know i can't check my phone when i'm practicing." he grunted, slamming his glass onto the table.

"okay, i messaged you twice. and that was to ask if you were gonna be home for dinner and the second one was a question mark because you weren't replying."

"i just said i can't reply!"

"but a simple yes or no would've sufficed!" you argued back, throwing your head back in frustration.

"yeah, well, those two messages turned out to be about a thousand notifications. my phone went off hundreds of times, it kept going off until i read the message. that's why i always said not to text me." he grunted, taking his glass of water to the living room, "chan didn't seem too bothered at the start, but you're forgetting that we have our managers coming in every now and again to see our progress."

"i'm sorry..." you apologised, sitting down opposite the TV.

"i actually needed to speak to you about something...so, seeing as we're already arguing i might aswell talk to you about it now."

"we're not arguing." you furrowed your brows in confusion.

"are you sure?" he scoffed, sipping his water. "there's a...tour, in a few months."

"that's great." you smiled sadly, trying to seem enthusiastic.

"it's a world tour. so, we'll be travelling around the world for a month or so."

"so, i won't see you?" you tilted your head.

"i've been told to choose..."

"between?" you already knew what his choices were, and it was obvious what he'd chosen.

"...between you and Straykids..." he sighed, dropping his glass to the table.

"and you chose Straykids... don't worry. i understand." you nodded, looking away from changbin to hide your tears.

he shrugged, "it wasn't an easy choice to make-"

"well, it obviously was. you seem to be handling this really well." you sighed, wiping your tears with your sleeve.

"i'm handling it well because i've had some time to think about it. and i've had time to think about what i wanted to tell you."

"i'm guessing you were told this a while ago then?" you questioned, turning to him as you watched him nod.

"a few weeks..."

"that's why you've been so distant." you sniffled.

he nodded again, "like i said, it wasn't easy for me... it was harder than you can imagine. i didn't take it lightly. which is why i've been coming home late... i wanted to avoid you, because i couldn't stand to see you so happy one minute, and then for me to completely break you within the next."

"too late...you've already done that."

"i'm gonna move back in the dorms with everyone... i'll do it tonight, it seems like you need your space."

you nodded, looking away as you heard his feet shuffling across the floor towards the bedroom.

you were happy for him, that he got to travel the world with his best friends, but you felt like you were being selfish... because the only thought you had was that you wanted him to stay with you, and you didn't want him to go. three years seem to have been wasted...

~

it took him no more than an hour to pack his clothes and carry his bags toward the door. you stood up from the sofa, wiping your eyes as he stared at your puffy cheeks.

he dropped his bags to the floor as he walked over to you slowly, he held his arms out as he moved forward to hug you, but you pushed him away almost immediately.

you wrapped your arms around your neck, unclipping your necklace as you pulled his hand out, dropping it into his palm, "thought you might want that back."

a silver locket with changbin's name engraved.

he furrowed his brows instantly, "what? no...i want you to keep it. i want to be able to be with you in the future..." his eyes watered, a single tear falling down his cheek.

you licked your lips, sniffling as you held back your tears. "and what if i don't?" you whimpered, looking away quickly, "you should go..."

he walked back to his bags, opening the door, "i love you..."

you didn't respond...

to you, changbin no longer existed... and you were selfish to act this way, you knew it.