𝐺𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑠𝑎𝑛 𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙 𝑃𝑡 2 - 𝑌𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑖𝑛

imagine: jeongin and his friends continue their search for you, but end up finding themselves in the middle of your ritual

"that can't be theirs," jeongin snatched the necklace from minho. he couldn't escape the thought that it could possibly be yours. he looked over at the bodies piled up, scanning objects and torn up clothes to find some clue that you were there. 

"jeongin," hyunjin held his hand on his shoulder, "let's go home and just-" 

"i told you, we can't give up." 

minho reached down to brush his fingers over the footsteps traced in the mud, "he's right, we should keep moving." 

hyunjin notices the footprints in the dirt and rolls his eyes, scoffing at the two who want to move forward, "you can't just guess footprints, they could be anyone's. what's the point in searching for them? for all we know, y/n's dead." 

jeongin stared at the boy, snatching him by the collar with his back pressed up against the tree. "watch your mouth-" 

"watch it," minho shoves jeongin aside, pulling hyunjin away from the tree as he brushes his collar back down. "you want to fight, fine. then, you both leave. understand?" 

jeongin tried to keep his cool as they continued their search for you. so far, they weren't exactly getting anywhere. it was the early morning, at least 2am by now. they had only one flashlight left; chan's phone was the only one that wasn't dead. he seethed through his teeth and sighed, "two percent. we need to go." 

"we're almost there, just a little further." 

they'd scoped out at least 1,300m's of the mountain, they were getting closer and closer. everyone was giving up, jeongin was the only one who managed to force himself to continue walking. minho was coming up slowly behind him, but even he couldn't keep going. 

"jeongin," minho paused him from walking, resting his hands on his knees as he took a break, "it's 2am. let's give it a break for a few hours, yeah? we can keep going as soon as the sun comes up. i promise." 

jeongin looked back at the mountain, desperate to continue searching for you. if he stopped now, there's a chance he wouldn't find you at all. 

"we're not going to be able to see anything until morning, it's too dark." 

the second minho spoke about taking a break, the boys dropped to the floor, absolutely exhausted. they couldn't keep their stance. jeongin realised he'd be on his own if he kept going, so he sighed and nodded, walking back to sit with them. 

for the next four hours, jeongin stared out at the view from the mountain. he'd kept everyone out all night in the cold, it got even colder the higher they climbed. but jeongin was desperate to find you, he wouldn't stop until he knew you were okay. 

he looked down at your necklace, letting it spin between his fingers. he got caught in a daze before jumping at the crackling sound, it didn't sound too far from where they were. jeongin looked around at the boys who were still fast asleep, he stood to his feet and began to walk over to where the sound had been coming from. 

he noticed a fire had begun to surround them, they were trapped inside a circle of flames. jeongin rushes to wake up the boys, dragging them to their feet as he tries to scope a way out. 

"we need to go," he drags them across the floor, trying to wake them up one by one, screaming at them. he looks over at the silhouette marked in the dirt by the flames, he recognised your soft voice anywhere. "y/n..." 

the boys look up at you, standing to their feet in amazement. 

"what're you doing-" 

"i knew you'd come looking for me sooner or later," you grinned, circling the flames with your robe dragging across the dirt. you dropped the hood of your robe to reveal yourself to them. "i'm grateful you did." 

they all stared in confusion, scared by the flames that they were surrounded by. 

"we thank your sacrifice."