𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑡 - 𝐻𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐻𝑦𝑢𝑛𝑗𝑖𝑛

imagine: hyunjin confronts you after discovering your love for another guy

y/n's pov

"hyunjin?"

arms wrapped tightly around your cold body, you shivered and kicked the door shut, your bag dropping from your shoulder as you let it fall to the floor.

"are you home?" you called out in hopes he'd respond, "hyunjin."

you traipsed around the house for some time before entering your bedroom, breathing a sigh of relief when you finally see hyunjin sat along in bed, as if he was waiting for you.

"didn't you hear me?" you hummed, wandering in and letting your legs drag with you.

falling to the mattress, you brushed the tips of your fingers along his stomach, looking up to him with a slightly puzzled face.

"hyunjin, are you okay? why aren't you talking to me?"

"y/n..." he sighed, sitting up and letting you remove your hand from his body, "let me ask you something."

"is something wrong?"

you were...confused.

was it something you did wrong? was it just a simple question that you were overthinking?

"answer me honestly, okay?"

now, you were worried. his voice was so... calm, uncomfortably calm. as if he was holding back his frustration and anger.

"did you go to work today?"

"mmh," you nodded, starting to lose confidence when you first heard his question out loud.

you were taken aback. why would he ask such a question?

"don't lie," he chuckled sarcastically, his lower lip being chewed by his top teeth as he did so, "really, were you at work?"

he knew. of course, he did.

"hyunjin-"

"was there just one?"

"w-what?"

"was there just one another guy?" he began to tear up just at the thought of seeing you with someone else, "y/n, please-"

"no," you shook your head aggressively - it was as if you were upset he accused you of being with multiple other guys, but having just one other guy was bad, you couldn't be upset at him for accusing you of it, there was a possibility it could happen. "just one..."

you felt better to finally tell him you'd been meeting another guy, but he definitely wasn't feeling as relieved as you were.

"for how long?"

"a few months."

"were you that unhappy? you couldn't have spoken to me?" he shook his head, pulling away as you reached your hand out to him, "was there no way we could save this relationship?"

the feeling of guilt coursed through your body as you dropped your head, your shaky hand now sat in your lap.

"can we talk about-"

"about, what? how you went behind my back? how you fucked another guy when you were with me?" he cried, his voice growing louder by the second, "what's there to talk about, y/n?!"

"jinnie-"

"how can you call me that, now? do you think you can make this okay? do you think you can say something and it'll be alright?"

you'd never felt this way with anyone else - it was stupid of you to cheat on him, you didn't know why you did it in the first place. you needed him more than anyone else.

"hyunjin, please," you continued to beg him, hoping he'd hear you out.

"why would you do that? did it make you happy? to hurt me like that?"

"i didn't mean to-" your hand brushed over his cheek with tears in your eyes before he gripped your wrist, dragging you away quickly.

he couldn't bare to feel you touch his skin anymore, not when they'd been touched by another man.

"are you serious?" he chuckled, wiping away his tears and standing to his feet to keep a distance between the two of you, "don't even try to touch me."

"listen to me-"

"that's the last thing i want to do, y/n," he struggled to catch his breath as he whimpered, his hand hovering over his face to prevent you seeing how heartbroken he was by your actions. "i'll come back in the morning for my stuff."

he began to leave, but you quickly ran towards him - you were reluctant to let him leave.

"hyunjin, don't go!"

"are you expecting me to stay?" he tutted, taking his phone and walking out the door, "i did everything i could to help you, now you're throwing it back in my face?"

"it wasn't like that-"

"get off," he slapped our hand away once more, turning away - he refrained from looking back in your eyes. it hurt to know that you stupidly went behind his back.

even you didn't know why. hyunjin was everything you ever wanted. you just threw it away.

"don't leave me..." eyes filled with tears, you watched him leave with just his phone in his hand, his other by his side and tightened into a fist.

he was so angry. he couldn't stay any longer, you broke his heart.