𝐹𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑡 𝑃𝑡 3 - 𝐵𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛

imagine: after chan's explanation, he was hopeful that you'd begin to understand and change your mind, but even after years passed, you were still unsure of your true feelings

y/n's pov

almost two years had passed since you had last spoken to chan. sure, he'd try to open up a conversation more than once a day, but you continued to stay strong and ignored his desperate cries for attention. 

as time went by, you fell in love again, but not with the person you wanted to. seungkwan was similar to chan in a way, the similarities between the two were just enough to comfort you even a little. perhaps it was the way he spoke to you with such a soft tone, or the way he'd turn over in the morning and smile at you. 

"y/n," seungkwan grinned as he walked through the door, shivering from the cold. you noticed the flakes of snow tangled into his hair before he brushed it away effortlessly. that was the first thing you noticed before sighing at the bouquet in his hand. 

"i told you, you don't have to keep buying me flowers," you smiled gratefully as you took the flowers, but still exhaled and shook your head. 

you'd been dating seungkwan for over a year now, and everyday he brought flowers home. you told him time and time again that the daily bouquet of flowers wasn't necessary, but he continued to do it. you'd always have a fresh bouquet sat in your room, and you continuously watched them all day wondering why he did it. if anything, it just reminded you of chan. 

"actually," he pinched the bridge of his nose and sat down beside you, "i've been meaning to tell you, but i just haven't had the chance. it's never been the right time." 

you frowned at him, wondering what was so important. 

"i've never bought you flowers," he shrugged, looking up at you with squinted eyes. he was obviously upset saying it. for the past year, you'd thought he was buying you flowers as a sign of his affection, but it wasn't even him. "the second i get home from work, he's just always at the door with flowers. literally everyday. he just tells me you guys were friends a while ago, and that he misses you."

you stand from the sofa and walk towards the door to slip your shoes on. with your bouquet still gripped in your hands, you leave the house to see flakes of snow falling. at the end of the street, you see him staring, his hands neatly tucked into his pockets as he glares at you. he notices you staring, but he doesn't bother turning away, he just watches you walk towards him. 

the moment you reach his presence, you throw your bouquet to his feet, and he looks down at them disappointedly.

he picked them up in his hand and seethed through his teeth, "were these not the ones you liked?" 

"stop coming here." 

hearing his voice for the first time in two years was a blessing, it soothed you instantly. 

"please, chan." 

"it's been two years," he looked up at you with tears in his eyes, "was what i did so bad?"

you chewed your lip anxiously, lowering your head to avoid meeting his gaze. "you can't keep tormenting yourself."

"but, i do," he fought back, "everyday. because..." for just a moment, he paused, taking a breath before speaking up again, "...i keep thinking that you'll come back."

"i'm not," you shook your head, speaking as gentle as you could, "i'm not coming back." 

"i have to change your mind-" 

"chan," you stopped him, lowering your voice slightly to get his attention, "stop trying." 

you turned to walk away from him. a part of you hoped he'd pull you back into his arms, but you couldn't expect that anymore. you gave him your answer and, as much as he hated it, he respected it. 

that was the last time you'd see him again. no more flowers, no more unknown texts, no more surprises. he'd leave forever. and you cried at the thought.