'𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟' 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑃𝑡 2 - 𝐿𝑒𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑛ℎ𝑜

imagine: after minho confronts you for stealing his spotlight, you turn down a once in a lifetime opportunity.

y/n's pov

the next few weeks were tough for you. not being able to talk to minho about your problems was more than just a struggle - you missed him. you'd been offered the chance of a lifetime, and minho was clearly disappointed when he found out. you couldn't make up your mind. if you took the opportunity that was given to you, minho could never bring himself to see you again. but if you refused to take the offer, what would you be missing out on?

your friends urged you to take the offer, it was something you'd been working towards for so long, but minho was working towards that for much longer. so, that was your choice. you'd made the decision.

"y/n!" minho rushed over to your side, clutching your arm and dragging you back to face him, "what's this?" he raised his hand to reveal a letter addressed to him, and you immediately smiled.

"congratulations-"

"seriously, y/n, what is this?"

still glaring at the letter, you gulped, "what do you want me to say?"

he fell silent as he watched your eyes fill with tears, tears that you refused to let fall.

"you wanted it just as much as i did," you shrugged, meeting his eyes for the first time, "are you mad?"

"are you?" he tutted, "this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and you're throwing it away-"

"i'm throwing it away for you. you should respect my decision-"

"and you should respect mine."

"you expect me to respect your decision?" you muttered under your breath, "i took everything away from you, and you were mad, i understand that. but you left me when i needed you. that was your decision. don't ask me to respect that. ever."

"you think i left because i was mad?"

"why else-"

"i was holding you back, y/n. that's why i left," he began to stutter, his lips quivering with every word spoken. for just a moment, he let his head fall back, exhaling deeply before narrowing his eyes at you. "do you know how proud i felt?"

"proud?" you scoffed, "proud that i took your place? do you express that emotion by getting mad at me?"

"you said it yourself, you took my place. but that doesn't mean i wasn't happy for you. we both wanted it, i just had to work a little harder to get there, too," his smile was weak, but you could tell he was slightly happy. "i care about your feelings more than you think."

you began to smile at his warm words, but continued to glance at the letter in his grip. until now, you hadn't noticed how his hand was still clutching your arm, his fingertips clinging onto the fabric of your jumper.

"this?" he finally took his hand away from your arm, nodding to the letter before tearing it into two, "this means nothing to me."

"minho-"

"accept the opportunity they're giving you. i won't accept it."

"are you crazy?" you shook your head in disbelief.

everything he ever wanted was in his clutch, and it disappeared within seconds.

"i won't accept it."

until minho accepted the offer, you'd continue to refuse that same opportunity. it was already hard enough to start with, and that was with minho's help. what would happen when you didn't have him around anymore?

"are you scared?" he questioned.

"you won't be there. i can't do it on my own."

he extended his arm out, pulling you into the warmth of his body, his hand gently combing through your hair. "i'll still be there. you can always rely on me to be there."

it comforted you. everything he was saying, everything he'd done and said before, it made you realise that you still needed him.

"take the offer."

you were offered something he'd always worked towards, something he always wanted, something he thought he'd always have... and, now, he was giving it all to you. he didn't need any time to think about it, he just had to accept his own feelings for you, and his feelings seemed to come before his own dreams.

"okay. i'll do it."