𝑅𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜 & 𝐽𝑢𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑡 - 𝐿𝑒𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑛ℎ𝑜

imagine: you get into an accident and end up in hospital, the nurses tell minho that you won't make it, so he makes his decision of taking his own life to be with you.

WARNING: sensitive content involving self harm

minho sat beside you as you lay silently on the hospital bed, your monitor beeping at a steady pace. he completely blamed himself for the accident, he had no idea what he could've done to help... so he chose to sit with you until you woke up, and he would apologise to you constantly and tell you how much he loved you.

the car accident wasn't his fault, but he felt like it was. the car was speeding, he just didn't get by your side in time to pull you away from the road.

"sir, visiting hours are over. you shouldn't be in here." a nurse opened the door, smiling sadly at him.

he nodded slowly, still holding onto your hand tightly, "i was just saying goodbye.." he turned his head to you. he began to stroke your cheek, feeling your cold skin touch his hand as he brushed his fingers against you, a tear falling down his cheek, "i'll see you soon." he smiled, pressing a kiss onto your forehead as he left the room, leaving you alone in your dreams.

you heard nothing, you saw nothing.. and you felt nothing. you were in a complete daze, as if nothing was actually real.

~
"how're you holding up?" jisung watched minho walk through the front door, immediately dropping his coat to the floor.

chan stepped towards jisung, "let's not keep reminding him, yeah? cheer him up." he smiled sadly, walking towards minho as he places his hand onto his shoulder, "if you need to talk to us you can, okay? but...just know, she's gonna be okay. i promise."

minho shook his head, looking down away from his eyes, "the doctors said she lost a lot of blood. they don't think she'll make it.." he sobbed, "and if she does, there's a higher chance she'll lose her memory."

chan raised his brow, "but, think about it, would you rather never see her again or have her lose her memory so she can fall in love with you all over again? losing her memory would be horrible, she'd forget everything the two of you went through...but you can make new memories with her."

minho kept his head down, "i don't think i can." he sniffled, walking past chan as he made his way to the bathroom.

"minho-"

"i need to be alone." he interrupted jisung, shuttling the bathroom door and locking it.

he really struggled to even think about what happened, he couldn't bare to live with himself if anything happened to you... if you didn't make it, he'd think the blood was on his hands, like it was his fault you died. but it really wasn't, and he didn't understand that. not one bit.

he pressed his hands against the sink, looking up to the mirror and glaring at himself. he felt disgusted with himself. he couldn't look at himself in the mirror knowing you were laying in a hospital bed fighting for your life.

he tightened his fists against the edge of the sink, raising his fist as he punched it against the glassed mirror, shards of glass shattering to the floor, covering the sink.

his hand bled as his knuckles cracked, pieces of glass falling from his broken skin. "why did i let that happen... why wasn't i quick enough to get to you!!!" he screamed, tearing at his hair before pushing items from the shelves, multiple bottles, as well as glass, crashing to the floor.

he dropped to his knees, crying into his hands, blood dripping down his arm and onto his trousers. "how did i let you go so easily..." he cried, sniffling as he felt warm tears crawl down his face, falling into his hands.

he lifted his head, his eyes focused on a pack of blades. he'd never even thought about it before, he had everything he wanted; straykids, they were basically his family, and his girlfriend, you. he didn't need anything else. but, something told him you wouldn't be okay, that you wouldn't make it, that he'd be hearing your voice later that night telling him how sorry you were, and that you'd always stand beside him as long as he lived, until you met again.

he ripped open the packet, emptying the blades onto the floor. he held one of the blades between his index finger and his thumb, staring at it intently. "forgive me..." he whispered, pressing the blade against his skin, the sharp edge cutting deep.

chan's pov
i poured myself a glass of water, we'd had a rough night and it just seemed to be getting worse. y/n was in hospital, minho had locked himself in the bathroom, jisung was upset knowing that minho wasn't happy, everyone was just in a bad mood....

a ringing sound echoed through the room; it seemed to be minho's phone. i'm guessing he left it in his coat pocket?

i walked over to his coat, pulling his phone from the pocket and quickly answering the call before it automatically ended.

chan:
hello?

unknown:
good evening, is this lee minho?

chan:
no, this is his friend, chan. minho can't come to the phone right now...who's this?

unknown:
we're calling about park y/n.

chan:
is she okay?? what's happened??

unknown:
she's awake. and she's asking for him, can you get him over as soon as possible?

chan:
we'll be there in ten minutes!

chan ended

i ended the call, quickly dropping minho's phone into my pocket.

the members all sat in the living room, we were all waiting to hear something from the hospital and we finally did.

"who was it??" jisung lifted his head from his position on hyunjin's shoulder.

"is it the hospital???" jeongin questioned, "is y/n awake?" he sat up from his position on felix's lap, rubbing his eyes in exhaustion.

"she's awake..." i exhaled, "i need to get minho, is he still in the bathroom??" i rushed, watching changbin nod as i made my way to the bathroom.

"hey, minho!!! we gotta go to the hospital!!" i called, banging my hand against the door. "minho, let's go!" i called, continuously knocking on the door.

there was no reply.

"minho..?" i quietened down.

i looked down at the door handle, the lock just below it. "minho, i'm gonna come in..." i unlocked the door slowly, pulling the door open before widening my eyes at a puddle of blood. "minho-" i gasped, turning my head to see his head lay against the wall, his hands and wrists covered in blood, the blood traipsing onto the tiled floor.

"MINHO!" i yelled, rushing towards him as i knelt down, my knees falling into the puddle of blood, "you're okay. you're gonna be okay." i whimpered, pulling him into my arms as i pressed down on his wrists, applying pressure to his cuts.

i let this happen-

i turned my head to the door, seeing seungmin and felix rush in, their eyes widened, "call an ambulance...now!!" i screamed, watching them both leave.

i heard jeongin's voice, hushed and quiet, "what's going on... hyung?" he called out to minho, felix holding him away. "hyung!" he cried out, trying to push felix away,

"changbin, come and help me!" i sobbed, holding minho in my arms. "you're okay, minho... you're okay." i cried, feeling tears fall down my cheek and towards my neck, "changbin i said help me!!!!" i growled.

i couldn't let jisung anywhere near him... he'd completely break down, i don't know what would happen if he saw minho right now...

"hyunjin, take jisung outside, okay? take him outside!" i yelled, watching hyunjin walk away from the bathroom door, tears in his eyes.

~

"there's a higher chance she'll lose her memory. she won't remember me..."

y/n's pov
you lifted your head from the hospital bed's pillow, your eyes widened and alert, "minho..."