𝐹𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝑇𝑎𝑠𝑘 𝑃𝑡 2 - 𝐵𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛

imagine: years passed without chan by your side, and you hated every moment of everyday. but, in those years, new rules came by in terms of your tasks - everyone began receiving a second task card on their 21st birthday, you were just dreading what yours would be.

y/n's pov

you sat waiting patiently for your task card. the clock turned 11:59pm and you sighed heavily, staring back at the door for the moment your card would slide under the door.

three years was a long wait, and everyday you'd look through your camera roll, desperate to see chan once more. you cried at every photo of him, wondering why you weren't given the opportunity to try again. that's why you were so patient waiting for your second card - maybe you'd be given the chance now.

when you heard about people receiving their second card, you were overjoyed, you felt thankful and thought that, perhaps, you could make things right again. that was your only way to being happy at least once more. chan would have had his card by now, but you hadn't seen him, he hadn't bothered just sending you a photo of his card - you had to let him go, that was your task, but he didn't have to hold back anymore, he could still see you, you just couldn't reciprocate his feelings. so, why didn't he tell you about his card? was it something he couldn't tell you? it would be better if you didn't see his until you got yours. if there was even a chance you'd get to see him again, you wanted it to be when you were at your happiest.

the card slid under the door, and you glared emptily, gulping at the mark on the back as though you didn't want to read it just yet. but, still, you lifted yourself up and walked hesitantly towards the note. hands shaky, you reach down for it, continuing to stare at the back. you couldn't bring yourself to turn it over, you felt so scared; why wouldn't you? these task cards for a death trap, your heart dropped both times they arrived, because you didn't know what your fate would be this time round.

you turned the card over between your fingers, glancing at the words and dropping to your knees with tears in your eyes.

after three years, you were given the chance you needed. and this was it, this was the last card you'd receive. nothing could stop you now.

you dropped the card to the floor, grasping your shoes and running out the door with a smile.

he needs you.

you rushed to chan's home without a second thought, you couldn't wait to see him again. three years felt too long for you to stay away, but you made it.

the door pushed open, you frowned at how the door was unlocked, but you had no time to think about it.

it was cold, the lights seemed to have been out for hours, and it got you thinking that maybe he wasn't home.

"chan?" you cried happily, searching through the rooms before halting at his room. you began to stare at the blood staining the carpet. it was old, and the room began to smell of rotting.

you fell to your knees, but not in such a way you did when you received your card, you stared and stopped smiling, your face dropped.

"c-chan-" you crawled over to his side, falling back at the state he was left in. your stomach curdled, the sight made you feel instantly sick, you couldn't look at him. it was as if he'd been left for days and no one had come by to see him.

you didn't even cry. all you could do was stare uncomfortably at the dead body lay before you.

in his hand, he held his card - he'd received it days before you, and you wondered why he'd do this to himself. but it was the card.

it's you or her. choose.

how could they possibly ask him to choose who's life was valued more. he saved you, and he didn't even mention it to you. he knew if he told you, you'd risk your life and put him first, you felt like you had less to live for than he did. he already had plans for his future, he was living for himself. you were living for him. and, now? you had nothing left. he'd left without a goodbye, and that's what hurt most.

but... he did it for you.