𝑀𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟 - 𝐵𝑎𝑛𝑔 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛

imagine: your dreams of chan were perfect in every way, but you knew they would soon come to an end.

y/n's pov

you closed your eyes, smiling as you relaxed yourself and waited to enter your dreams again. and you knew he'd be there, waiting for you.

your eyes reopened in a completely new world. you breathed in the fresh air, and exhaled with a wide grin; you were finally back home.

chan waited for you, just a short distance from where you had stood.

"welcome back, y/n," he smiled, his arms open wide as he reached out to you.

you stared, and your memories all came rushing back to you. every happy memory you had was of him, and the time you spent together. this world is your home now. your legs began racing towards him, and you jumped up, cuddling into his arms as he wrapped them around you in a comforting embrace.

his hands combed through your hair as he took in your scent, one last time...

"i did it!" you boasted, "i really did it! i passed all of my exams! i didn't stress one bit, thanks to you."

he let you go, and held your face in his hands, "i told you you could do it, didn't i?" he smiled sadly, his thumb brushing gently over your skin. "but, you know what this means now, don't you, y/n?" his throat closed up through his sentence, holding back tears.

you frowned, unsure of what he'd meant. you smiled, brushing off his worry. "it means i can stay here with you whenever i want."

he chuckled lightly, "it's a nice thought, isn't it?"

your smile dropped instantly, and you pulled away from his hands, "what is it?"

chan lowered his head shamefully, and sighed. "you don't need me anymore." when he finally lifted his head, he smiled, and stared at you as though it was the first time he was seeing you. "you've done well. you learned a lot from this experience."

"chan, what are you talking about?" you swallowed, struggling to understand.

"my existence was purely to help you. you needed me, to help you relax, destress," he reached out for your hand, taking it in his, "and that's exactly what i did. so, this is it. you're free."

"no," you shook your head, clinging tightly to his hand, "this isn't what i wanted. i still need you!" your eyes began to swell, tears running down your cheeks.

he turned away, unable to watch you cry for him.

"you can't leave me. not now."

"i'll return one day, i promise," he sighed, "when you need me most, i'll be right by your side." chan turned back to face you, capturing your cheek in his hand, his thumb wiping away your tears. "trust me."

"but..." your tears welled up, and your lips quivered, "i need you now."

"there'll be times you need me desperately, and that's when i'll be there. wait for me."

"chan," you sniffled, "what if i can't wait?"

"i'll be with you always. everywhere you go, i'll be right beside you," his jaw clenched tightly. he'd always known he'd have to say goodbye, he just didn't think it would be this difficult. his only job was to help you when you needed him, he never imagined falling in love with you. "one day," he kissed your forehead, holding you close to him, "i'll come back for you."

you felt yourself wake up. you stared at the ceiling, tears in your eyes.

for the first time in so long, you felt alone. like there was no one in the world. chan was gone, and so were your memories of him.

a/n:

yes, this is another one of my drafts! i cannot wait to show you guys this book, i'm so excited to be able to post it but i need to complete the book first!