Sworn Enemies ~ Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Lucia...

"Ready for school?" Zarald grins maliciously at me, I slap him. "Shut up, don't be a dick." He gapes. "Lucia used a bad word! I'm going to tell your mommy!" He exclaims. "Zarald! Shut up!"

"I'm joking!" He laughs loudly. "You'll be fine anyways.. I bet you're shitting bricks." I roll my eyes. "I'm just scared that the guys hate me." I frown, he pouts. "They won't hate you Lucia, stop being such a pessimist. Luke will be over the moon that you're back. When you explain why you left, he will forget about it." He tells me.

I hope so anyways.

I look at myself in the full length mirror in the hall once more before I turn to Zarald. "Ready?" He asks, I nod. He grabs his keys and we walk out to his black Mercedes Benz.

He pulls into the parking lot and I can already feel my stomach in my throat. "See you after school." I nod and exit the car. "Bye!" He screams as he drives out of the parking lot. I look around, seeing the teenagers in their groups, giggling, gossiping, doing all sort of things. 

I sigh and enter the very familiar building. I look around the sea of people, the sound of loud chatter, laughing, locker doors slamming, is overwhelming. I push my way through the crowd to get to my locker, getting my books quickly before I head to the bathroom.

I am feeling a little too claustrophobic out there. The bell rings and I gasp. I can't go to class, I'll see Luke. I'm not ready to see Luke.

I decide to wait in here until the first class is over. I really am shitting bricks.

Luke...

I'm in English, trying to keep my eyes open, but it's just not happening. I didn't get much sleep last night, basically none at all. I just need to rest my ey- "Mr. Hemmings!" I almost leap out of my chair. I gape looking at Miss Cambridge. "Are you falling asleep in my class?!" She exclaims.

"Um.. no?" 

"Don't lie to me! This isn't the first time, and you know it. Get out of my class, I had it with you. I'll be out to talk to you in a minute." She snaps, her expression fierce. 

I groan loudly. I haven't got time for a detention! 

I throw my books into my bag and look at Calum. He laughs at me, I scowl making him stop. he stifles his laughter, I sigh fed up and leave the classroom. She's right. It's not the first time. I don't know why, but I can never sleep.

I'm up all night, every night. I just need to speak to Lucia. I need to hear her calming voice, hear her encouraging words. Without her, I feel useless.

I look down the hall when I hear a door shutting. I see someone exit the bathrooms. I gape when I recognize them as they walk away. Oh my God! "Lucia!" I call after her. The person stops in their tracks and turns around. Shit, it's her.

"Luke?" She walks toward me. Her voice is all it takes for me to sprint up to her. "Lucia, where were you?!" I grab her, pulling her into the tightest hug I can manage. "I'll tell you later. Luke, I'm sorry for leaving without an explanation. I missed you so much Luke." She sighs in frustration.

"You don't even know how much I missed you. I should be so fucking angry, God." I grunt, she pulls away and frowns. "But I can't be mad at you, Lucia. I just missed you too much." I pull her back into me, the feeling of her body against mine comforting me. I didn't even realize how much I missed her until now.

"I'm sorry Luke, I really am. But I've been through a lot." I nod. "I know. I forgive you." I smile, kissing her forehead. "Mr. Hemmings!" Miss Cambridge's voice booms down the hallway. "huh?" I turn around. "Can I speak to you now." She glares at me.

"Yeah, wait." I roll my eyes. I look at Lucia, who laughs. "What the hell happened while I was away." 

"It's a long story. I'll see you at lunch." I tell her, pulling away, she nods, biting her lip.

"Mhm okay, see you Luke." 

Lucia...

That couldn't have went any better. 

I finish in my classes and it's lunch.

I walk into the cafeteria and look around, straight away, seeing Calum leaning over the table trying to grab something out of Michael's hand, while Ashton is sat down, staring at his phone ignoring what the two idiots are doing. "Give it back Michael!" He exclaims. Michael just laughs.

I walk up to them, quietly laughing to myself. These guys are such idiots, and that's why i love them. "Michael give Calum back his phone." I roll my eyes, chuckling. "Who dah?" Michael turns around, gasping when he sees me.

"Really? You didn't recognize my voice?"

"Well you've been away so long, I forgot what it sounded like." I frown at him, he smiles widely, jumping up and hugging me tightly. "Thank God you're back, I missed you." He grins, pulling away. Calum and Ashton hug me as well. "Where were you?" Ashton asks, I shake my head. "It's a long story, I'll tell you some other time." They look at me skeptically. "What is it?"

"Nothing, I'll tell you some other time I said." They nod their heads. "You better." Calum warns, I laugh nodding my head.

"I missed you guys, I'm sorry for leaving." They nod their heads. "We forgive you." Ashton grins, I smile. "Where's Luke?" I furrow my eyebrows. "I'm here!" Luke voice behind me makes me turn around. I smile up at him, he grins and we all sit at the table.

"Wanna tell me now?" He leans into me whispering. I glare at him, the guys are Werewolves, of course they heard. Luke gapes realizing. "So you're telling him but not us?" Calum frowns. "God, you two really do love each other." Michael rolls his eyes, eating his food. Luke's face turns bright red, and I swear to God, if I wasn't a Vampire, I'd be the same colour. 

"Guys, shut up." Luke snaps, they gape. "We don't want to get him angry, remember." Ashton looks at the guys, they nod, their eyes wide as if remembering something horrible. "What?" I ask curiously. "Nothing, come on." Luke grabs my hand and we walk out to the field.

"Now, where were you?" He looks at me, I sigh looking up at him.

"Well, do you know that guy that made me drink the blood, Zarald?" He nods his head, his whole face changing as if he knows what I'm about to say.

I tell him the whole story and he smiles. Hugging me. "So you're not mad?" He shakes his head. "No, you needed help and Zarald was kind enough to help. Of course I'm not mad, I completely understand." He smiles.

.     .     .     .     .

"Hey Lucia, how was school?" He gapes at me. 'You brought Werewolves?!' he mouths to me, I nod and the guys come in. "Zarald, these are my friends, Luke, Michael, Ashton, and Calum. Guys this is Zarald." I smile, he shakes all of their hands, but I can tell he's not too pleased to be around Werewolves.

"Thanks by the way." Luke says to him, Zarald smiles knowing what he means. "My pleasure." He smiles at me, I grin. The guys look at us with curiosity making me laugh.

"Alright guys, anyone hungry?" I look at them, they smile widely. "Starving!" They exclaim. "Well you know where the kitchen is." I laugh. They frown at me, thinking I was going to get their food. They race to the kitchen and come back with hands full of food, I laugh, rolling my eyes. "How are you guys not fat?" They laugh. "Very fast metabolism." Ashton replies. Oh I know.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I plop down onto the couch, they sit next to me. "I'll leave you children, with the TV." Zarald chuckles, leaving the sitting room.