Sworn Enemies ~ Twenty five

Chapter Twenty Five

Lucia...

I sigh as I sit at my computer, when my phone begins to ring. I smile, also confused when I see Aston's name. Why didn't he text?

"What's up Ash?" He sighs deeply, my smile drops. Why is he sighing? What happened?

"Uh. . . Lucia." He sounds, slightly paranoid, upset. I bite my lip, furrowing my eyebrows. "Ashton what's wrong?" I ask quickly. What is he going to tell me? What happened? It's making me nervous.

"Lucia we need to talk." I gape. Oh God. What did I do? "Of course, I'll see you." I reply cautiously. Shit. "Go to the beach." He hangs up. Immediately I run downstairs and head to the beach, thinking of anything that could have upset Ashton.

I don't know.

I arrive at the beach and see Ashton sitting on the sand. I'm nervous at this point. I get down next to him, he's playing with the sand.

"Ashton. . . What is it?"

His face remains serious, his eyes glued to his hands as he draws shapes into the sand. "Ashton. . . did I do something wrong?" What happened to him? "Yeah Lucia. . . Yeah you did." He's angry with me. He stands up and begins walking the length of the beach. I follow him.

"You lied to me Lucia. . . to everyone. I know you're immortal. I don't know what you are, but you're something." My face drops, my heart rate increasing. "Ashton I'm sorry." I say quickly, feeling my eyes water. I open my mouth to explain everything, he puts his hand up stopping me.

"I'm guessing Luke knows. . . with how he helped you run out of the park yesterday." I nod, he groans loudly. He doesn't know what to do. "What are you?" I look down, I have to tell him, but I'm afraid with how he'll react.

"A Vampire." His mouth falls open, it takes a while for him to speak. "Ashton. . . Please don't be mad. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It's not something that you can just tell someone, you should know." His head snaps up to me, he raises his eyebrows.

"You know?" I laugh. "Of course I know, if Luke's knows what I am, of course he'd tell me what he is, and you all are."

"Ashton. Please don't tell any of the guys or anyone." I beg, he chuckles pulling me into a hug. "I won't if you won't." I shake my head vigorously. "Thank you so much for being calm about all of this." He nods pulling away. "You're a great friend Lucia, and it's not like I'm a human." I smile.

.     .     .     .     .

"So Ashton knows what you are?" I nod looking at Luke who sits across from me in Starbucks. "Yep." He sighs deeply. "All because of me. I should've stopped pushing you, I'm such a fu-" I cut him off.

"Luke for God's sake, stop beating yourself up about it. None of this was your fault, it feels like part of a weight has been lifted off of my shoulder." I roll my eyes, sipping my drink. He sighs nodding. "I'm going to say one last sorry." I laugh. 

"Now!" He claps his hands together, I flinch and he grins at me. "Are you going to tell me where you're taking me for my birthday?" I laugh shaking my head. "No Luke!" He scowls.

"Your birthday is soon, you'll find out then. Be patient-" I gasp loudly when a hot liquid is spilled on top of me. "Oh my God!" Luke jumps up getting napkins. "Oh my God, I am so sorry!" I hear a female voice. I stand up, wiping the liquid off of me when Luke passes me the napkins. 

I look up at a blonde girl with big blue eyes. "It's fine." I say calmly. She continues to gape at me, her hand over her mouth.

"I'm sorry, I tripped and-"

"It's okay, you didn't kill me, I'm fine." I laugh, she visibly calms down. 

"Do you want me to get you a drink or something?" She asks quickly. I shake my head. "No, I was just leaving anyways." 

"Thank you for not killing me." She smiles, relief in her voice. "I'm Samantha." She holds out her hand. I smile shaking it.

"I'm Lucia, and this is my friend Luke." I tell her, she looks at Luke who purses his lips together. "It was nice to meet you Samantha, bye." I smile, leaving Starbucks with Luke.

.     .     .     .     .

I sigh looking at the time. Nine am. I jump when my Mother's voice interrupts my reverie about what happened the past year. "Morning Lucia. . . I am running to the shop and I want some company, can you some with me?" She practically states. I chuckle, nodding and getting into the car.

The back door of the car opens and I turn around, Ashley grins at me. "What are you doing?" I groan. "I'm coming with you." She giggles maliciously when I roll my eyes.

I walk around the shop, getting the items on the shopping list and placing them into the basket. I bump into a body when I walk out of the aisle. "I'm sorry!" A voice squeals. I look up and laugh when I see Samantha. "We really need to work on a proper way to meet." She laughs loudly, nodding.

"Are you okay from yesterday? No burns?" She suddenly goes into nurse mode. "Yeah, not a mark." A tall guy comes over to us and wraps his arm around her waist.

"Lucia this is Trevor. . . Trevor this is the girl that I almost killed in Starbucks, Lucia." She intorduces us, I smile up at him, he returns the gesture.

"Lucia! We're done!" Ashley shouts at the end of the aisle. "It was nice to see you again." She grins as I walk back down to Ashley.

"Who were they?" she questions. "Just a person I met in Starbucks. . . aren't you and Calum going out tonight?" She nods, grinning widely.

"It's not a date though so shut up." I roll my eyes laughing at her as we head to the checkout.

"No but you'd like it to be." I tease, she scowls, slapping me.

.     .     .     .     .

I groan as I search my room. I'm so hungry, but I have nothing to eat. I need to go to Zarald's. i run downstairs and throw on my jacket.

"Lucia? Where are you going?" I'm stopped when my Mother comes into the hall. I look at Ivory on the couch and back to my mum. "I'm just going out, I don't feel to well. . ." I sigh, she nods frowning as she puts her hand on my forehead. I flinch backing away.

"Well you definitely don't look well, you're gone really pale, do you need something to take?"

"No I'm okay I just need air." I finish before running out of the house, toward Zarald's.