Sworn Enemies ~ Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Lucia...

I'm going to meet Luke's parent today and I'm really nervous. I have a feeling they're going to know. What if they do? What if they don't care if Luke's there and kill em in front of him. Isn't a Werewolf bite supposed to kill a Vampire?

The sound of the doorbell interrupts my reverie. "Lucia! Your boyfriend is here!" Ashley screams up the stairs, I run downstairs, glaring at her, she smirks evilly. I smile at Luke. "You ready?"

"Do I look okay?"

"Aw.. is someone trying to impress my parents?" He smirks, I roll my eyes and smile. "Why am I not allowed to?" He laughs. "Oh, sure you are."

.     .      .      .     .

We arrive outside an entrance to the woods, he pulls into it, arriving outside a cabin. "Nervous?" He looks at my hands, I look down seeing I'm fiddling with my fingers. I laugh nodding. "Well, wouldn't you be?" He shrugs. "You'll be fine, come on." He gets out of the car, I walk around to him, he grabs my hand and pulls me up to the front door. He smiles at me and walks into the house.

"Hey Mum! Dad!" He shouts taking me by surprise. He laughs at me and "Luke, you're here! What's wro- oh hello." A middle aged blonde woman comes into the hall, she looks at me with a huge smile.

"This is my friend, Lucia." Luke smiles down at me, introducing me. I smile and wave shyly. His mother comes over and grabs my hand. "I'm Liz, nice to meet you Lucia." She smiles widely. She looks at Luke.

"Luke can I have a word alone please?" She gives me a look before dragging Luke to kitchen. "Alright..." He looks at me confused, I gape. Shit, does he know? "Wait there." I nod and he disappears.

I listen to their conversation. "Mum, what's going on?" Luke whisper shouts. "Luke, what are you doing?!" Liz yells in a hushed tone. "She's a-" Luke cuts her off. "Vampire? Yeah I know, and I don't care mum."

"I don't want you any where near her Luke, she could get you killed!" She exclaims, not caring at this point if I hear.

"But mum-"

"No buts Luke, I don't ever want to see you talking to her again!" 

My heart drops into the pit of my stomach I don't want him to stop talking to me, but I understand what she means, I could get Luke killed. I could kill Luke. "She's an enemy. You have no idea how bad her kind is Luke! They killed our family Luke." She snaps at him. "Mum. If she was dangerous she would've killed me already. She's just like a normal teenage girl. Mum, she's no different to us!" He shouts at her, she gapes.

"Don't you dare say that! She's nothing like us. She could turn on you at any moment. I don't want my little Wolf being killed." She sighs. I can't listen anymore, I have to leave. I turn around and slowly walk out of the cabin, running home.

When I arrive home, I run upstairs to my bedroom, I tuck my head into my knees. Liz is right, I did kill someone.. I could accidentally hurt Luke. I'm a murderer. I'm meant to kill. I could turn on Luke, I could get too hungry and kill him. I can't risk it.

I sigh deeply, there's no way I can control it. I gasp. Maybe there is a person that can help me.

I'm interrupted by my phone ringing. I look at the caller ID, sighing deeply when I see Luke's name. I declined it straight away, lying back into the bed.

I could hurt Luke, Calum, Michael, Ashton, Ashley or my parents. I would never forgive myself if I did. Maybe I should keep away from them. God, I don't know what to do! I scream and pick up the closest thing to my left and I throw it at the wall. The lamp shattered in pieces and the paint on the wall chipped. "For fuck sake." I growl, putting my head in my hands.

See, this is what I mean. What if I get really confused and angry and end up hurting the people I love? Maybe I should go to that Zarald guy and ask him some questions. Not tonight though, I need time to calm down.

I'm just going to keep my distance from the guys for a while. I can't risk anything.