Sworn Enemies ~ Nine

Chapter Nine

Lucia...

I jump up in the bed when my alarm goes off. I dismiss it and run to the bathroom, having a quick shower. I throw on a pair of black ripped skinny jeans, combat boots, a black Aerosmith t-shirt and I leave my hair out, letting the waves fall over my shoulders. I put on some gold eye shadow, black eyeliner on my water line, mascara and lip balm.

I sigh deeply. It takes too long to get ready in the mornings. 

I walk downstairs, still tired. I yawn loudly when I enter the kitchen. My mother is sitting at the table, reading the newspaper as she sips on her coffee. "Oh wow." She gasps, I furrow my eyebrows as I get a cup for myself, boring out some coffee.

"What is it?" I sip on the coffee and sit down. "Last night a woman called the police station, she found a man's body thrown into the woods. They're saying he got attacked by an animal, that drained all of his blood." I gape, sipping on the coffee, trying not to make it look obvious.

"Do they have idea what it was?" I raise my eyebrow. I really should have buried that man. I still can't believe I did it. I killed a poor innocent man, that fell on his face. She shakes her head. "Maybe wolves, I don't know. But he really shouldn't have been in the woods so late.." She sighs, I nod.

"Well, I'm heading to work now. Have a good day in school, wait for Ashley." She kisses my forehead. I nod rolling my eyes. "I'll try to be patient." She chuckles and grabs her brief case, leaving the house.

.     .     .     .     .

"Good morning ladies." Ashton leans up against the lockers as he smiles at Ashley and I. I chuckle. "Good morning Ashton, how are you, in this fine weather?" I joke, he giggles. "I'm scorched, but I'll survive." He nods his head, I laugh and the rest of the guys approach us. I furrow my eyebrows when I don't see Luke.

"Where's Luke?" The guys chuckle. "Of course you would be concerned." Calum teases, I roll my eyes. "He wasn't at home this morning, but he texted me saying he will be in school later." Michael explains, I furrow my eyebrows confused.

Okay.. It's not weird, he can do what he likes. Why am I so concerned?

"Guys, I need to fill my water bottle." I hold up my empty bottle. Not that I needed it, I just feel a little crowded here and I need a breather. "I'll help." Michael follows me. "So you and Luke seem to be getting pretty close." He wiggles his eyebrows. 

"Is this why you followed me. So you can tease me Michael?" I look at him, he chuckles. "Actually, no I'm just concerned. You seem a little off this morning.."

"How can you tell? We've only been with each other for five minutes." I laugh, he shrugs. "I can just.. tell. Is there something on your mind?" He raises his eyebrows. I bite my lip and shake my head. We arrive at the water fountains and I begin to fill my bottle.

"Just know Lucia. Whenever, Luke's not around, you can talk to me about whatever is bothering you. You're one of my best friends now and I don't want to see you worrying." I smile up at him. "Thank you Michael." He shrugs, smiling proudly.

"Don't worry about it." 

Soon later the bell rings and everyone goes to class. I take deep breaths as I can smell everyone's fresh blood. I need to learn how to control it. I can't keep living like this. I can't kill innocent people like I did last night. I just can't.

"Lucia? What are you doing out of class?" I turn around seeing Luke. I smile pulling him into a hug. He chuckles. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just feel a little sick. Where were you?" I raise my eyebrows in curiosity. "I'll tell you at lunch alright?" He looks at me, I nod, still confused. "Are you okay though? Why do you feel sick?"

"Nothing important, come on, lets get to class." I dismiss it and we walk to class.

.     .     .     .     .

When it's lunch, Luke and I head to the football field where the jocks were practicing. He turns to me, a concerned look on his face. "What is it Luke?" I look at him, afraid of what he's going to say.

"Can I ask you something?" He looks at me, I nod. "Uh.. yeah, sure go on." He chuckles at how worried I look.

"Was it you?" He scratches the back of his neck, I raise my eyebrow wondering what he means. "Was what me?" I laugh.

"The man, in the wo-" He begins to elaborate but I nod, knowing what he is talking about. "Yeah it was Luke, I don't know what came over me. He cut himself and I couldn't control it. There was blood and I'm not used to it yet. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done it." I sigh deeply, he purses his lips together and nods.

"It's okay. It's your first time tasting human blood, of course you're going to act like this. You don't need to apologize. It's your nature." He pulls me into a hug. "Thanks Luke." 

"Shit!" I gasp, when I smell a familiar intoxicating scent. Luke and I both turn around and we see a guy who had fell and cut his knee. My breathing accelerates. "Luke." I feel my teeth grow. I look at him, he gasps and grabs me. "I need it." I look at the guy, as people help him up. Luke shakes his head vigorously.

"No. You have to control it Lucia." He whispers, I shake my head. "But I-I can't Luke, I'm not strong enough." I look Luke into the eyes. "Just try. Com one, breath in and out. Don't think of the cravings just, just clear your mind, you can do it." He says softly, I nod slowly, breathing and closing my eyes, trying to fight the cravings.

My teeth go away and I no longer feel so hungry for the blood. "It's gone." I gasp. "Luke, how did y-"

"I do my research." He smirks, proud of himself, I laugh. "Thank you for helping me." I smile, he nods, pulling me into another hug.

 "You're welcome. Just do that every time you get the urge and you should be okay." 

"I'm awesome" He whispers, I laugh and nod agreeing with him.

"What were you doing this morning?" I pull away and look at him, he sighs. "Um.. I went to talk to that guy that gave you the blood in the woods.." He scratches the back of his neck.

"You what?! Luke! What if he hurt you?!" I gasp, he shakes his head. "Lucia, I'm a Werewolf. We're so much stronger than Vampires." He says cockily, I raise my eyebrow. "Oh really? I highly doubt that."

"Wanna bet?" I nod. "Alright, lets arm wrestle." He sits on the ground, I laugh and sit down. "I'm going to kick your ass Luke, I would give up if I were you. We don't want everyone around here seeing you get beaten by a girl now do we?" He smirks.

"It's on." He growls, I grab his hand and we get in position.

"GO!" He shouts, we both begin pushing. He gasps when I start off, stronger. I bite my lip roughly, glaring at him when he begins to push my arm back. "I'm going to kill you." I grit, he chuckles, and slams my hand off of the grass. "I won you, see we are stronger!" He jumps up, throwing his arms in the air in victory.

"Anyways, what happened with him?" I stand up, frowning, being the sore loser I am. He laughs at my face. "I asked him why he would force you to drink the blood, I told him about your cravings. He said that it's because you're not being a proper Vampire, you're fighting your nature, and he believes that not what Vampires should do. He said if you drink human blood, you won't get cravings, he said it's all in your head, you're young, so all you need is time. He was actually nice about it, but after what he did, I don't think we can trust him." He sighs, I purse my lips together thinking about what he said.

"Why did you go to him Luke?"

"Because I care about you and I wanted to know why someone would put you through so much suffering." He says sheepishly. I smile, looking at him. "Thanks Luke."