Sworn Enemies ~ Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Lucia...

"Wait.. wait... huh?" I am beyond confused. What did she just say?

"I'm a Vampire as well Lucia." She steps toward me, I gape stepping back. She's what?! "Come on, give me a chan-" 

"For how long?" I immediately cut her off. "Around three years. I'm supposed to be like 20 but, obviously... we don't age, so technically I'm 18" she explains. "Why are you going to school if you're supposed to be 20?" I furrow my eyebrows, still gaping at her.

"I want to live my life like a normal person Lucia." I raise my eyebrow. "But then.. shouldn't you be like... in college or something?" She shrugs. "I should be.. but I just want to finish up this last year. After I turned I was training for a while and missed a long time of school. So I'm just making up for it.

I put my hands on my face, trying to get my head around it. 

"How did it happen?" My voice is pin drop quiet.

"Well I was put up for adoption when I was two, I lived in England with my foster family, I got a boyfriend, I was totally in love with. He was a Vampire, I asked him to turn me but he always said he didn't want to ruin my life. I got into a car accident. Him and I. I was dying, he fed me his blood, but another car, came out of no where. I died instantly." She takes a deep breath, tears obvious in her eyes. "He was killed a few months later. The pain was.. God, it was unbearable. I wanted to get my mind off of it, so I went to train with another Vampire."

"Do you regret being turned?" I ask, and what surprises me is that she shakes her head. "I would have died in that car accident if it wasn't for him. I wouldn't have been able to say goodbye to my parents or brother. The thought haunts me. But I loved him so much, I would've done anything for him, he treated me like royalty. I thought about him everyday, mourning over his death. he's still in my mind, but... I met Michael." Her face glows. I didn't even think that was possible for a Vampire.

 "He's the best thing that has happened to me since. Since Saturday, we haven't stopped texting. He's so funny, and kind, he's so handsome... but I know what he is." A deep depressed sigh escapes her lips. "A Werewolf is what killed my ex, Drew."

"I'm so sorry Ivory. But they're not like that." She nods. "I thought they were when I first met them, but as I got to know Michael. I know now that they're just like normal guys." I pull her into a hug startling her but she accepts it squeezing me back.

"Where are you staying?" I ask her. She laughs at my nosy question. "Well, right now.. no where. I am on the hunt for apartments." She looks at me with a skeptical look. "Why?"

"Oh my.. Ivory, are you saying you're homeless at the moment?" She nods, nonchalantly. "It's not so bad when you're a Vampire." She laughs, I raise my eyebrow. "Well my parents and sisters are away for a while, you can stay at mine with my friend and I. He's also a Vampire." I smile.

"Oh my God, that would be amazing, thank you so much!" She hugs me.

.     .     .     .     .

"Zarald?!" I call. "Hey Lucia and.... who are you?" He asks confused, eyeing Ivory. "I'm Ivory" She shakes his hand, he looks at me. "You brought her home with you? I thought you didn't like her because she was all over L-" I slap him to shut him up.

"It's over and done with.." I trail on, looking at Ivory apologetically. She laughs.

"Ivory's going to be staying with us." I state. "She's a Vampire too?" He smirks. "How are you guys able to tell what is what?" I laugh, I wanna learn. 

"Well, humans have a certain smell. The smell of life, and blood. Vampires.. on the other hands. Have no smell to them. You can tell because if you listen closely, our heart beats are completely different to a Human and Werewolves heart beat." I listen carefully, the heart beat is very slow. I nod.

"A Werewolf.. They stink." Ivory laughs agreeing. "But, if you don't pay attention to scent, they can smell pretty normal. They're heart rate is at an accelerated pace. Really quick."

I nod mentally rubbing my hands together. I now have all the power! I laugh at myself making Zarald and Ivory look at me confused.

"This house is big." Ivory walks off looking around. 

.     .     .     .     .

We are now sitting on the couch watching '17 again' and drinking the rest of the blood we had.

"I'm going to get a shower!" Zarald announces, a bit too loudly. He's drunk on blood. We laugh loudly at him. "Alright bye! Have fun!" He turns, smirking back at us. "Oh I will." He winks. We gape looking at each other. He disappears and we burst into a fit of laughter.

After Zarald leaves Ivory turns to me. "I forgot to ask but does Luke know what you are?" She asks. "Yeah... but the other guys don't." She raises her eyebrows and nods.

I look out the window and see a full moon. "The guys are probably in the woods right now as Werewolves." I tell her, she looks out the window and sighs.

"Do you like Luke?" She asks.

"How does everyone know I like Luke?" I groan. "Lucia... it's kind of really obvious." I frown.

"So what? Nothing's going to happen anyway.. He doesn't like me, and I don't want what I'm feeling to get in the way of our friendship." She grins widely. "Why were you acting the way you were when you came into the school? You seem so much different from that girl that was throwing herself all over Luke." She smiles, a smirk forming on her lips.

"Did it annoy you?"

"Well.. yeah. Obviously, since I like Luke." She grins.

"He likes you too and that's why I did it. It was obvious from the moment I met you two. I didn't understand why you - a Vampire. Would like a Werewolf." I sigh, thinking about how Luke makes me feel.

"I did it to make you jealous." She laughs. "I was in the mood for some drama." I raise my eyebrows and she smiles innocently. "But, Luke taking me home wasn't my idea!" She defends, this makes me sigh. So he does like her.

"He wanted to make you jealous."I raise my eyebrows. So he does know I like him! Shit!

"I could tell he was doing it, to see if he could get a reaction from you. He wants to know if you like him, because Lucia." She stops, grabbing my hands, looking deeply into my eyes. I furrow my eyebrows. "He likes you!" I shake my head, dropping her hands.

"He doesn't! Can people stop saying it please! It's just going to get my hopes up. I can't go there." She frowns. "Why not?" She cocks her head to one side, I shake mine. "It will ruin our friendship if I tell him I like him, expecting him to say the same back, but he doesn't." She sighs deeply.

"Okay... okay. I'll stop. Believe what you want to believe."

"Thank you."