Sworn Enemies ~ One.

Chapter One,

Lucia...

I quickly jump up in the bed when my alarm goes off. I slowly get out and go downstairs to eat toast, like I always do so my mum won't think I have a problem, or an eaten disorder.

"Morning Lucia." Mum smiles, as she packs her bag for work. "Morning." I say, toast in my mouth muffling my words.

I quickly run upstairs, throwing on a black Metallica t-shirt with black ripped jeans. I put on some mascara, lip balm and concealer to cover the dark circles I have, before brushing my hair.

I leave the house, not waiting for Ashley as usual, since she takes too long to get ready. It is my first day back and I am dreading it. But it's finally my last year. My last year of suffering.

When I arrive at school, I go straight to my locker. Keeping my head down as per usual. I quickly get my books and go to my Maths class, sitting in the back like every day since I turned.

I take out my phone, scrolling through some Instagram pictures and Twitter tweets. My head flies up when the door opens, my heart rate increasing. I see four guys enter, four guys I have never seen before. Either they're new, or I have terrible observation skills. 

I look back down at my phone, not wanting to be caught staring. i just couldn't face the embarrassment. 

"Hey"" one of the guys say cheerfully. Too cheerfully. Why does everyone have to be happy? I look up for just a second, seeing all of their eyes on me. I quickly look back down, thank God I don't blush. 

"Hey." I mumble timidly.

A hand appears above my phone and I stare down at it. I bite my lip and look up slowly. "I'm Ashton." The same cheerful voice says, an accent obvious in his voice. I meet eyes with a tall dirty blonde. His hazel eyes, shining down at me, as a wide smile is plastered on his face. I place my hand in his, remembering how cold I am, when his warm skin burns me. I quickly take my hand back as he gasps.

"Uh.. Lucia." I say awkwardly, he nods. I mentally thank him for not mentioning anything about my skin.

"Is this the maths class?" Another one of them asks. I look over, seeing another tall boy with chocolate brown hair, and bright eyes that match. He is also very smiley, and I wonder what they have eaten or drank this morning that is making them all like this. Are they high? 

I nod, to answer his question. "I'm Calum." He informs me, he also had an accent. It's a very familiar and cute accent. 

"You're very quiet." Another voice says. The guy sits next to me and I look at him. "I don't know you.." I answer truthfully. I'm really bad at talking to strangers. He chuckles. "You'll get used to us." He winks, I smile and look away. "That's Luke by the way." Ashton says, sitting in the chair in front of me, and pointing at a guy the other side of me. I turn and meet eyes with a blonde. 

It finally clicks into my head where they're from. Australia. I mentally slap myself, for not noticing straight away.

The guy next to me smiles awkwardly, and I smile. Thank God, there's an awkward one. He nibbles on his lip ring and I look at Calum as he takes the seat in front of Michael, and beside Ashton.

I smile to myself, liking the feeling I get talking to these guys. Yeah, I feel awkward, but I don't feel threatened. In fact, this is the first time I've never felt threatened, and I can honestly say that it's a feeling I can get used to.

"So are you all new?" I ask nonchalantly, trying to hide my nerves, they all nod. "Yeah, we came here from Sydney." Ashton explains to me, I smile widely. I knew it!

"You brothers or something?" I ask curious, as to how four guys happened to come into the school, all from the same place. They shake their heads chuckling. "Actually, he dragged us to here." Michael says, pointing to Luke, Luke smiles innocently. 

"I told you why I wanted to come, and you guys had a choice, so shut up." He finally speaks, his voice deep and soft, the Australian accent making it sound angelic.

"And.. since we're new... we haven't a clue where to go in the school." Michael laughs, winking at me playfully. "Then do you want me to show you all around?" I ask, getting the hint from Michael.

"Why not?" Calum grins at me, I chuckle and nod. "Alright then." 

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .

"Hey Lucia, are you going to show us around now?" Michael asks, coming up to me as I stood at my locker. Thank God, I thought they were joking since they didn't come any sooner. I look at him and nod slowly, closing my locker.

I'm grateful, that these guys don't make me want to eat them. As weird as it sound, that's the reason why I don't interact with other people. I just can't stick the cravings. The guys don't make me want to taste their blood though. I chuckle, at my weird thought and the guys look at me.

"Whatcha laughing at?" Calum asks, walking next to me. I shake my head, smiling up at him. He gives me an amused look and drops it. 

"Well anyways... I'm not trying to be rude or weird or anything.. but you're a really pale person... one of the palest I've ever seen, and Luke's pretty pale." Michael chuckles, I laugh loudly, trying hard to think of an excuse. I clear my throat. 

"Well, my dad was born in Ireland and he burns instead of tans. So I got that from him.... I don't tan, I burn." I explain, which is actually true about my father, but I used to tan like my mother. Until, that night.

"Oh!" He says in an understanding tone. "Well, am I gonna show you around or what?" They chuckle and nod, following me as we walk down the hallway.

We walk into the art room. "Well obviously, this is an art room." I say in a duh tone, as they look at all of the portraits and art supplies, they chuckle nodding their heads.

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     

Luke...

So I've known Lucia for a couple of hours now and I already get some sort of a vibe off of her. I have a feeling she's keeping something. Something serious, and I want to know. Yeah, I'm nosy...

There something about here that makes me feel... strange. She's mysterious, she's beautiful, shy and awkward. She's perfect so far, I just need to get to know her and find out what it is.

"So, Lucia, how long have you been living here?" I look at her, after we sit down at a table, she smiles. "I was around four or five..." She tells me, looking up at me. Her eyes were dark, dull.. 

The guys and I are Werewolves, and we came here with my parents, who are now living in a cabin in the middle of no where. Whereas the guys and I all live together, which is pretty awesome. PARTY!! I'm kidding we're too lame to throw parties.

But if our secret got out, we would be hunted and killed. Leaving the pack was a very big and dangerous decision we made. But I needed to come here.

"Oh my God." Michael gasp, as he eyes his phone. "What's up?" Ashton asks him, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"The cops, found a dead body, near the cemetery, drained of blood." He says confused. "What the fuck did that and how?!" He exclaims. I see Lucia move in the corner of my eye and look at her. She bites her lip nervously as she tries to be nonchalant.

"How?" She stammers.

"Haven't a clue, maybe Vampires." He jokes making us laugh, but this only causes Lucia to shift in her seat, I furrow my eyebrows. "Lucia?" I ask and she looks up at me. She looks nervous and agitated.

"Hmm?" She asks, her voice quiet. "What's wrong?" I ask concerned. "Nothing... I'm... I'm fine." She chuckles, clearing her throat. "Why?" She asks.

"You just seemed, frightened. I was just wondering..." I trail on.

"No, I swear I'm fine." She smiles reassuringly, but I can sense her fear. I know there's something wrong with her. What is it though? Vampires? But they're not real..