Sworn Enemies ~ Eight

Chapter Eight

Lucia...

It's been a week since the party. "And yeah, it was so cute!" Ashley finishes her story about God knows what. I laugh and she smiles at me.

"Ashley, go home, I'll be there in a bit. I just need to do something really quickly." I tell her, she nods. "Alright, see you." She waves walking off. I thank God that she didn't ask me what I am going to do, that's usually what she's like, nosy.

I feel my hunger grow. I never get to eat when I want because I can't carry blood around in a pint glass when I'm at home. So whenever I get out to get some food, it's a precious moment.

I quickly go to the woods and search for an animal. I groan when I don't see one. The woods is completely empty.

I hear laughing in the distance, I turn around seeing no one. "Why?" A deep voice says, letting out a sinister chuckle. Shit, I'm going to die. Why now? Why do I have to die on an empty stomach?

"Hello? Who's there?" I shout, waiting for an answer. Some one walks out of the trees, towards me.

"Who are you?" I stare at him, he's not familiar. What is he going to do? "Zarald."

"Zarald? What kind of na-" I gasp when he runs at me, pinning me to the tree. "What are you saying about my name?" I shake my head vigorously. "I was saying what kind of awesome name it is.." He laughs at my attempt to calm him down.

"Why do you do it?" He furrows his eyebrows. "Heh?" I look at him confused. He smirks, chuckling again.

I have to admit, he's pretty hot.

"Are you like me?" I ask out of the blue. He looks deep into my eyes. "You're a weak, little Vampire that can't do shit because you live on little bunnies. I however, I'm strong, fast, sexy, woman lo-"

"Yeah I don't care about all that... Are you a Vampire or not?"

"Yes I am." He smirks, I nod my head. "Aright then. Are you going to kill me?" He laughs. "Yes, of course I am."

I gasp, about to run away, but he presses roughly on my shoulders so I can't move. He laughs loudly. "I'm joking. I'm just going to make you better, anyways...

Why do you feed on animal blood when you can have this perfectly good delicious human blood?" He waves a blood bag from the hospital in front of my face.

"I don't want to hurt innocent people." I snap. He raises an eyebrow at me, he bites a hole into the bag. "Get a whiff of the goodness." The smell is was intoxicating. I turn my head in the opposite direction of the bag, I can't give in. I need to ignore it.

It smells so delicious. I bet it tastes even better. Should I try it?

NO!

I CAN'T BE ONE OF THOSE!

"I-I can't." I grit. My stomach feels like it's on fire. I'm so hungry. I need some of it. I need it. But I just can't give in, because if I do, there will be no going back I won't be able to stop myself, I might get too carried away and kill people. I can't risk it.

"Just do it, I can hear your increased heart rate. I know you want it." He whispers into my ear. I can't fight the urge anymore. I have to give in. I grab the bag from him, guttling the delicious liquid down. He is right, it is so much better than animal blood. It tastes so good, I need more.

"Very good." He wipes the side of my mouth where blood must have been. I throw the bag away, my breathing heavy. "Tastes good doesn't it?" He smirks, I nod vigorously.

"Anyways... Good luck killing people." And with that he disappears.

Shit.

I walk slowly out of the woods, thanking God there was nobody around.  I walk to Luke's house and ring the doorbell multiple times.

"Oh hey Lucia, what's up?" Michael smiles when he answers the door. "Uh... is Luke there?" I fiddle with my fingers. "No he, uh... went out, what's wrong?" He looks at me curiously. "Nothing it's fine. Can I stay for a bit until he gets back?" I raise my eyebrows in hope. He makes room for me to come. "Come on in." He smiles, I chuckle and walk by him.

"Hey Lucia!" The guys shout from the living room when I enter. "Hey guys." I sit down on the empty arm chair beside them.

"So, what're you doing here?" Calum raises his eyebrow. "What, am I not allowed to see my friends?" I laugh, he shakes his head chuckling. "I just needed to tell Luke something important." I purse my lips. They nod their heads. "So.. what is it?" Michael asks, I look at him and Ashton chuckles hitting Michael. 

"If she said she needed to tell Luke something important and didn't tell us, then she doesn't want to tell us dickhead." Ashton rolls his eyes. We laugh and the door opens.

"I got the pizza gu- oh hey Lucia, what are you doing here?" Luke comes in and sets the pizza boxes down on the table. I stand up. "Uh... I need to tell you something." I give him a look telling him it's about the Vampire thing, he raises his eyebrow. "Oh, alright." He motions me to follow him to his room. 

"What is it?" He closes the bedroom door behind me. "Luke, I went to the woods to get-" I say quickly but Luke cuts me off. "Woah, woah. Slow down." He laughs. I nod and take a deep breath. "Now continue. Slowly."

"I went to the woods today to get some uh.. Food..." I tell him the whole story, he sighs.

"Wait, so you drank the human blood and now you're afraid you're not going to be able to stop the cravings?"

"Pretty much.. I'm scared Luke." He sighs shaking his head, he pulls me into a hug. "Don't be, you'll be perfectly fine. I'll help you through it alright?" I nod hugging him tighter.

. . . . .

I leave Luke's and begin walking home. It's dark by this point and quiet out. A man jogs by me and trips over a piece of the cracked ground that is sticking up.

"Shit!" He grabs his face. I run up to him and help him up off of the ground. "Are you okay?" I gasp when I see the blood running down his face.

"Shit." I curse. "Thank you miss."

"I'm so sorry." I say guiltily, he furrows his eyebrows. I put my hand over his mouth and sink my teeth into his neck, drinking every ounce of blood from his body.

God, human blood tastes so good.

When I realize what I did, I drop the man to the ground. His body lifeless, his eyes closed and skin white. "Fuck, shit.. what did I do?" I squeeze my face, panicking.

I promised I would never lay a finger on a person, why did I just do that? I'm a monster. I can't face Luke after doing this. He'll hate me forever.

I just killed a man.