Sworn Enemies

People would say I'm just a normal teenager, I might look like one, but I am a lot more than that.

I am a Vampire, and I have been for a year now. No body knows, and I hope to keep it that way.

The night it happened, was honestly the worst night of my life. As would any night your humanity was taken. My parents were fighting at God knows what time. It woke me up, so I wanted to get out for a walk, maybe to help me to become more tired, so I'd sleep easier..

But the town was desolated, too quiet, it scared me.

I heard a deep voice and quickly turned around, seeing nobody. Obviously, it freaked me out. Like, this town was known for bombing a number of years ago, and people say that around this time the ghosts and shit come out.

I gasped when a gush of wind blew in my face.

My breath got caught in my throat when someone appeared in front of me. He had long brown greasy hair, with a scruffy beard on his face and red eyes. He had the sharpest teeth I had ever seen on a human. Before I could think of running away, the man grabbed my neck, sinking his teeth into it. He pulls my head away, my body felt weak, numb and overall lifeless.

That was the last time I had ever felt pain. As soon as he pulled away from my neck, I felt a burning throughout my whole body. I've never felt pain like it before.

A few hours after that, I woke up on the street. People walking by me, looking at me with disapproving looks, as if I had just been out sleeping with men or something.

I go to school, where I'm the outcast. I'm not one of the pretty or confident girls, so I keep to myself and let people do what they want. I have recently learned to ignore my cravings, but when I haven't fed. All I can think about is blood. I'm disgusting.

Anyways... I stay as far away from people as possible, I don't socialize, from fear of hurting someone.

I keep as far away from my family as I possibly can. I don't come home until late, and I don't leave my room, which has left them wondering what is wrong with me.

Ever since I discovered what that thing did to me that night, I've watched as many Vampire movies and read as many Vampire books as I could find. What caught my eye in some of them is that the Vampires and other immortals are not friendly towards each other. Especially Werewolves, for some unknown historic reason. I haven't met an immortal yet, and I don't think I want to, if there is any such thing.

I have two sisters, Ashley and Katey.

We used to be really close, but I can't find the courage to leave my room and face my sisters, since I now look like a freak. Nobody believes in Vampires, and if my family were to find out I was one, they would either try and kill me, or they would through me out onto the street.

While I was doing research on Vampires, I discovered that there are myths that Vampires can't go into the sun. That's a load of bullshit.

The sun doesn't turn me into dust, or make me explode, It doesn't make my skin sparkle either, that's just twilight shit. I stay perfectly normal.

People would say that it would be awesome to be a Vampire. But it's not. Okay, I guess having super speed, strength and all, would be fun.But all I want to be is human again. I want to have friends, and talk to my family.

But that will never happen.

Until...