Sworn Enemies ~ Four

Chapter Four,

Luke...

I woke up on the ground of the woods, naked. That's the part I hate about being a wolf. I find the bits of my clothes that have been ripped off... Why don't I just take them off before I turn? 

I roll my eyes at my ignorance. I quickly cover myself up, before getting into Ashton's car, where the rest of the guys were.

I sigh, remembering what happened last night with Lucia. It's true, she is a vampire, there is no explanation for how fast she ran out of the woods, that was inhuman speed... I know my parents said to 'never become a friend with a vampire, an enemy' but I can't keep away from Lucia. What happened in the past between Werewolves and Vampires. I don't give a shit, because I wasn't apart of it. i want to be with Lucia, and my mother can't tell me what to do.

"Luke, what are you thinking about?" Michael snaps me out of my reverie. I turn my head away from the window and look at him. "Nothing why?" I smile innocently. "Well, you seem distracted." His lips twitch into a smirk, I roll my eyes. What is he thinking?

"You're thinking about Lucia aren't you?" He wiggles his eyebrows, I laugh and shake my head vigorously. "No, I was just looking at the trees" I defend, he nods, smiling sardonically. How the fuck did he know?

We arrive home and get changed for school. I do my hair and I walk downstairs, seeing them all downstairs already done. "You take forever!" Calum whines. "Well, it takes time to get it this perfect." I point at my quiff and they laugh. "Yeah okay."

"Come on guys, we'll be late." Ashton looks at me, with a 'we'll be late because your a fucking idiot' look. I laugh, smiling maliciously.

We soon arrive at school. I felt nervous, yet excited. I am excited to see Lucia, but nervous as well. She's a Vampire, and I don't know how to react. Should I confront her straight away?

No, it will scare her.

I look around the hall and spot her with Ashley at her locker. I lead the guys to them and they smile at us. "Hey guys!" I wave. "Hi Luke." Lucia smiles. She seems so normal. So calm about everything. I wonder how long she's been a Vampire.

I wonder if she drinks blood. Eww.

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .

Lucia....

We all finish up in the last class and head to the cafeteria for lunch, sitting at our usual table. "Why don't you eat?" Luke asks me as he looks at me picking at my sandwich. "I-I don't know." I bite my lip. He gives me a knowing look, but nods. "Why do you eat so much?" I turn the question around and point at his food. He laughs loudly. "Because I'm a fat bastar- no I'm joking. Because food's nice." He wiggles his eyebrows.

I look up into his eyes. I smile for a second but then freeze. His smile drops and he looks at me confused. "Lucia, what's wrong?" He asks concerned, I stand up and walk out of the cafeteria quickly.

They were the eyes. They were the wolves eyes. Luke's the wolf I rubbed, that's why he didn't eat me, that's how he understood me.

"Lucia!" Luke comes out of the cafeteria, he looks around before spotting me. He runs up to me. "Please don't touch me Luke" I move away from him. He looks at me with anxiety. "Lucia what's wrong?" He begs.

"You should know Luke.. The woods." Is all I have to say before his mouth falls open and his eyes widen. "H-how-"

"Your eyes." I cut him off. I am about to walk away but he grabs my hand. "Luke, let go of me." i try to pull away from him, but he is stronger than me, I don't even know how. I'm a Vampire, they're stronger then wolves right?

"Please, listen." He gives me a pleading look. I sigh and nod, I lean against the lockers. "Don't tell anyone, please. I will never hurt you, just please don't hate me, or stop talking to me, because seriously I don't want to stop talking to you." He moves closer to me, his voice soft. I nod slowly and sigh deeply. At least he'd care if I stopped talking to him. I try to suppress my smile, but I fail and he chuckles. I shove him and he pulls me into a tight hug. 

I can't be mad at him because of this. I'm a Vampire for God's sake. I'd be such a hypocrite if I angry with him. "I won't ignore you, sorry for getting mad." I whisper against his neck, he mumbles into mine, making me shudder. 

"Thank you." He smiles widely at me. I nod and he squeezes me tighter.