Sworn Enemies ~ Twenty one.

Chapter Twenty One

Lucia...

Ivory and I walk into the school. Calum spots us and hits the other guys. They turn around and gape at us. "Hey guys!" I wave at them all. They're all lost for words. Ivory looks at me and we both start laughing. "Okay... Uh... what? Huh?"

"What's going on?!" Ashton exclaims, laughing loudly. "Why are you both together?" We look at each other, trying not to laugh again. "Ivory's staying with me for a while." They all gape. "And why is this?" We look at each other and shrug.

"Wait.. How did it happen?" I shake my head at Michael, he scowls. I grin and turn to Luke. "Can we talk?" He nods vigorously, we head outside to the field. 

"What is it Lucia?" I smile up at him. "It's nothing bad if that's what you're worrying about." He sighs. "That's good then.. what is it?"

Luke...

"So, um... yesterday I got a text from Ivory..... and she's a Vampire." Lucia finishes telling me the story leaving me speechless. Wait what?

She's a Vampire?! How did this happen?

How did I not know?

"I feel so stupid. How did I not know?" I think about it and roll my eyes. "There was something that should have given me the idea." She raises her eyebrow. "What is it?" 

"She's freezing, just like you, I didn't even think about it." I laugh. Idiot.

We head inside when the bell rings. "I can't believe it though. I'm so glad she is, I don't dislike her anymore Luke. She's so nice!" She smiles widely, I laugh. I knew the stupid Ivory was all an act.

.     .     .     .     .

"So.. Luke. What did you and Lucia talk about?" Calum wiggles his eyebrows at me, as if he knows something. "Don't start with me now Calum." I sigh. Michael and Ashton are at Nandos getting us food, so that leaves me alone with Calum. And honestly, I'd rather be somewhere else, than be teased by him. 

"Ooo, so it was something serious. But you're not that excited.. did you tell her you love and she denied you?" I gape at him. I want to punch him in the face after saying that. "Did it actually happen?! Oh my God!" Calum stands up from the couch, walking toward me. Is he trying to provoke me?

"Calum shut up." I say as calmly as possible. I might actually punch him if he doesn't stop. "Aw Luke. I'm sorry." 

"Shut up!" I pin him up against the wall, his expression is horrified, before it softens. "Jeez dude. What the actual fuck is going on with you?" I push away, growling at him. "Your face." He says exasperated.

"It keeps changing, every time we make you angry." I shake my head. It doesn't! Why do they keep saying this?

"I'm sorry for being mean to you bro." He pats me on the shoulder, I shrug his hand off of my shoulder. The guys come into the house. "Foods here!" Ashton says, a little too loudly.

He sets the back on the table, Michael following him. I didn't realize until now that I am starving!

Michael...

I wake up to my phone ringing. I sigh picking it up. Ivory? Why is she calling at.. 3 am?

I answer the phone. "Hell-" I cough, "Hello?"

"Hey Michael.. I'm sorry for waking you." I smile, hearing her sweet soft voice. "No, it's fine. I was awake, I can't sleep.." I lie, she laughs. 

"Anyways... I was wondering if you can meet me in the park? I have to tell you something..." I raise my eyebrow. She sounds hesitant. What is it? "Yeah, uh.. sure, I'll see you in five."

"See you." I hang up and run to my wardrobe. I have to be quick. It's late... or early... and I don't want her being out by herself.

I arrive in the park, locking the car. I walk inside looking around for the beautiful brunette. I smile when I see her sitting under a lamp, on the bench. Her hair shone bright, she looks at me and smiles widely. I walk up to her and sit beside her.

"Thank you for coming Michael, this is really important and I wanted to tell you in person.." She sighs deeply, as if she's... afraid? What is she afraid of? I would never judge her, no matter what it is.

Ivory...

I am shaking. How do I tell him? How do I just say 'Michael I'm a Vampire' without sounding like a complete nut head, or without him hating me. Here it goes.

"So.. I have to tell you something." I stammer. God I hope he still talk to me after this. I like him too much right now to lose him.

"Uh.. yeah.. are you going to tell me?" He grabs my hands, I sigh deeply, feeling the tingling sensation shoot through my arms. I look into his beautiful green eyes. "So we've only known each other for like a few days. But we're friends right?" He nods quickly. "That's why I want to tell you this secret of mine. I swear to God Michael, I trust you and I want you to know this.. no matter what it's going to do to us.." He raises his eyebrows. 

"I'm not sure I want to hear it then if it's going to affect our relationship." Hearing him say relationship makes butterflies erupt in my stomach. He presses my knuckles to his lips. "I need you to know." I sigh, he sighs nodding. "Fine."

I take in a sharp breath and get ready to spill the beans.

"I'm not what you think I am... I-" I start but he cuts me off. "What? Like, you're not a girl or human or something?" he jokes, trying to ease the tension. I sigh deeply looking down. "Ivory? What is it?" He gapes at me, tightening his grip on my hand.

"I'm a.... Emm.... I'm a-" I am about to finally say it but the ringing of his phone cuts me off. I groan and he picks it up. "Sorry, be a second." He mutters, sighing deeply before answering it. Who could be calling at this hour of the night.. morning?

I sigh and look away, thinking about what I'm trying to say... he hangs up and smiles at me. "I'm so sorry Luke's a twat. Continue." He smiles at me, I shake my head.

Now I'm too nervous to continue, thanks Luke your phone call just ruined my chance to tell Michael my biggest secret. "Em... I- my family didn't move to England because they liked it. I don't know who my real parents are, I was adopted by a family in England." I say, he laughs lightly.

"Why were you so nervous to tell me that?" He says, humor in his tone.

"I don't know." I laugh loudly, sighing deeply. "Ivory, you can tell me anything, okay? Don't be afraid or nervous. Because I'm always going to be here for you, no matter how bad it is." He smiles. It suddenly turns silent. I look into his eyes, they illuminate in the light.

It feels like it is just us and nothing else around. My breath hitches when he slowly begins to move in. He's going to kiss me! What do I do?!

I lean in as well, feeling his breath against my lips.

Our lips finally connect after what feels like ages. I immediately relax as our lips move together. This feels different. Feels a lot different. He puts his hands on my face, I put mine in his hair.

We pull away, looking at each other. The only sound is our heavy breathing, he sighs. "Ivory, will you please go out with me?" I grin and he laughs at my expression. "Yes! Okay!" I giggle, he pulls me into a  tight hug.