Chapter Thirty One.

Chapter Thirty One,

Lucia...

When I finally arrive in Sydney, I leave the airport and head to my apartment. I was still upset about leaving everyone, I know that I will never forget them and it's going to be the most painful thing I will ever have to go through trying to get over Luke and live my life.

The apartment I was staying in was a cheep apartment. It was all I could afford at the moment, since I didn't have a job back home. I guess I'm going to have to get one here, to pay for bills. 

I didn't want to grow up so quickly, and have to worry about paying bills or saving money so I could pay for food. I wanted to live a couple more years where my parents took care of all of that, but I guess in order to keep them safe. I have to grow up a lot faster than I expected.

When I arrive at my apartment, I walk in and go upstairs to it. I was nervous to see what I'd be living in. I stand facing the door, jumbling with the keys the receptionist gave me. I finally place it in the door, but it wouldn't open. I tried harder, but stopped in case I would accidentally use my Vampire strength and break the door. That would cost more money, money that I don't have.

Maybe they gave me the wrong key. I was about to walk downstairs but stop. "Can I help you with that?" I hear a deep male voice. I turn only to be faced by a tall dirty blonde haired guy with blue eyes.

"Uh, yeah thank you" I smile and give him the key. "The locks are pretty old, they need a little force" he says, trying at the lock. I finally hear a click and the door opens. The guy smiles at me and hands me the keys.

"Thanks" I smile. "I'm Lucia"

"Liam" he shakes my hand. "Are you new in the area?" he asks me. "Yeah, I am" I smile. It upset me how his accent was Australian and it made me think about the guys. I wish I could forget all about them so it wouldn't be so painful. Forget the laughs we used to have, or how we used to always hang out in either my house, the diner, the park, or the guys' house. I miss them so much. "Are you okay?" Liam questions, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Y-Yeah I am, I just left some really good friends" I say, pursing my lips together. He nods. "Yeah, I came here a while back, leaving my family back in Melbourne, it was hard. But it takes time to deal with it" he smiles, I nod. "Thanks again" I smile.

"I'm free anytime... I'm right nextdoor if you want me to show you around. Just knock on my door" he says, I nod. "I will... thank you" I say gratefully before going into my apartment and closing the door.

I turn around and sigh, the apartment was dull and dusty. I rub my face in frustration. Cleaning this place will more than likely get my mind off of everything, so why not start with cleaning. 

After I finished cleaning, I check my purse, seeing the credit card my mum gave me before I left. I knock at Liam's door and he soon answers. He opens with a smile plastered on his face. "I knew you'd come knocking" he says making me laugh.

"Yeah, Umm.... I was wondering if you'd show me to the paint shop? Or whatever shop you go to get paint and bedsheets" I ask. "Yeah, let me just get my shoes on" he says and disappears for a bit before reappearing again. "Let's go"

While we walk around town, I look into the shop windows. There was a lot of shops around here, Not what I was used to, since the area I lived in back home had barely any shops. Most of them were boarded up. " Right in here" he says walking into a shop with me following behind him.

I look at different colours of paint. I think I will just go with plane white for the sitting room and kitchen, and a light grey for the bedroom. I was happy that I didn't have to worry about furniture since it was always furnished. The couch in the living room was white as well, so I thought it would go well with the white walls.