Sworn Enemies ~ Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Lucia...

"Zarald! God dammit! I know you're here answer me!" I scream. I've been in the woods calling Zarald for I don't know how long. He hasn't answered yet and it's really pissing me off.

"Fine then!" I huff loudly, I turn around to walk away but I'm stopped by a deep voice. "You never shut up do you? What do you want?" Zarald's voice speaks.

"I need to ask you some questions Zarald, I need answers." I snap, something told me I shouldn't be afraid of him. Even though he turned me into a complete monster, I knew I could trust that he'll answer my questions. "Well, go ahead then." He lands in front of me as if he had jumped off of something. I look up and see a huge tree branch above us. "Were you up th-" I stop when he nods. 

"Are you going to ask the questions or not?" He raises his eyebrow.

"Oh yeah, um Alright... Zarald, I can't control what I've become. How do you do it?" He laughs at me. "Why are you asking me? There are many Vampires you could ask."

"Because you were the one that forced me to dri-"

He cuts me off, shaking his finger while tutting. "If I remember correctly, I was the one holding the bag. You were the one that wasn't strong enough to fight the cravings, you were the one that drank the blood." He smirks, I roll my eyes. "How do I stop them!" 

"Oh, jeez, you really need help." He laughs at me. "Zarald, please." I beg, he raises his eyebrow.

"Alright! Okay! Well, first of all, the cravings are so strong because you're only young, but you can control it. The way you can do that is by staying out of school for a while, there's too much temptation there."

"But I need to go to school. I can't afford to miss any days." I gasp, he shakes his head. "Lucia! You can't go to school! Do you want to kill everyone there?!" He exclaims, I gape and shake my head quickly. "I have a house, a few minutes away. You're staying there with me, I'll teach you to control your cravings, since you're so desperate." He chuckles, I roll my eyes.

"Fine, but this better work Zarald.

"Just shut up and follow me." He sighs deeply. He walks into the trees so I follow him. 

We arrive outside a big house, a very big house.

"Ladies first." He smirks, I roll my eyes at him, pretending to be nice. I gasp when I walk inside. The house is beautiful. "Who new a guy like you could have a nice home." He laughs. "Don't push it Burke." I look at him with furrowed eyebrows. "How do y-"

"I stalk you." I gape, he laughs loudly. "For God's sake Lucia, lighten up. When Luke came to visit he told me. And.. I've been keeping an eye on you Lucia." I raise my eyebrows. "What do you mean?" 

"I made sure you were never put in any danger. Lucia.. I was there the night you turned, I watched you come into the woods, every single day at the same time, to get a little 'snack' The reason I gave you the blood Lucia, is because what if I wasn't around and someone came to attack you? You'd never be strong enough, human blood makes Vampires stronger." I sit down trying to process everything he had told me. 

"So you're not the bad guy.." I sigh in realization, he raises his eyebrow. "Just because I made you drink some human blood, you thought I was out to get you?" He laughs. "God, you're something else Lucia." He disappears for a second and comes back, he holds out a glass of blood. "Drink."

I take the blood and guttle it down. He laughs. "Hungry?" I nod, wiping my face. "Very." 

"Well I have a whole fridge full of it in the back if you want more." He points towards the kitchen.